39th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point, Terry. I've gotten good reviews from losts of folk right here! Who needs judges!

Well, I sent them some anyways. I'll be interested to read the judge's notes and such. Constructive feedback is always good.

"7) Judging will be conducted on November 17, 2012 and the award winners will be posted on the Cellarmasters web site (http://www.cellarmastersLA.org) promptly."

No word about winners on the cellarmaster's web site yet. I know they extended the entry deadline, but I wonder if they got going on the judging on Saturday. If there were a lot of enties, it may take the judges a few days to sober up. :sl

The results are in. I can officially call myself an award winning winemaker!

Lime/tequila fortified-gold medal
Lemon/pinot blanc/peach-silver medal
Sweet tea mead-silver medal
Cran/razz skeeter-bronze medal

Can't wait to see the tasting notes! Will be interested to see what the tasters think. I am excited but a bit surprised too. The mead has only been in the bottle a few months and the others I bottled about two weeks before shipping and they were in the carboy on lees after cleering only a couple weeks before bottling. One competition down...many to go. Congrats to all the entries!

Congrats!!!! How did you find out? I don't see anything on their website.

They sent me an email last Friday. Silly me I didnt check my email over the weekend. Hahahaha. I dont see anything on the website yet.

Got back home yesterday and checked my emails: The Dragon Blood and the littLEMONkey (lemon wine) both won a silver award! Woot!

Marc! Is that a gold you won for your strawberry lemon skeeter pee? Nice! :try

Good job hobbyiswine! Excellent!

Last edited:
Good luck to all. Very interested to hear how things go as I am a newbie and am eager to learn.

Congrats to all the award winners! It make ya want to get back fermenting, doesn't it?

I finally saw the results today. I want to thank everyone here that helped get me started!!!

Dave, that is me!!! I can't believe that I actually won!! Thank you for posting your recipe for Dragon's Blood and letting us tinker with it!! Congrats to you for winning as well!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who won!!!!

Congrats guys!
My carrot took a bronze and my Beet wine took a silver. I too am interested in seeing what the judge's notes say.. :D

Back