39th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorad

Reaction score
Hi all, the 39th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition - including meads, cysers, pyments and melomels - will be held on November 17, 2012.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BETWEEN October 10th and November 9th 2012

at the Home Beer, Wine and Cheesemaking Shop in Woodland Hills, CA. (www.HomeBeerWineCheese.com)

Entry forms and rules are posted on our website at: http://www.CellarmastersLA.org.

Cellarmasters has been sponsoring running the 39th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition since the club was founded 39 years ago.

The Competition is an all-volunteer endeavor and is the oldest home wine competition in the US.

Good luck to all!

Andy

I have nothing to enter, but I'm curious - can kit wines be entered, or does it all have to be from grapes/juice?

Folks, I have entered this competition the last two years taking home gold both years and "best of show" last year. This is an awesome competition and club. Take a look at their web site and you'll see it's a club worth joining even if it's only for the newsletter. I got lazy last year and didn't send my check in for renewal but need to do that this year for sure. The price to enter the competition is very reasonable and you'll get honest feedback on your wine. Over 2000 miles away, I have no personal affiliation but highly recommend them.

I won't be able to enter the TVOS competition this year, but I plan on entering it next year. I might just enter this one as well next year. Thanks for the info!!!

dan, can you post the exact method you used to ship entries?

how you packed, what service for mailing you used?

I use inexpensive wine mailers you can buy through Presque Isle Wine Cellars. I shp with Fedex or UPS. Never use the Postal Service.

Woohoo! I am totally going to enter this. Quick question, what would a hard apple cider be considered in the below categories? Other?

Class 5: SWEET

Subclass:
a - Vinifera Grape
b - Non-vinifera Grape
c - Stone Fruit
d - Berry Fruit
e - Fruit & Wine blends
f - Other

So what category should I enter a kit Ice Wine style?

Woohoo! I am totally going to enter this. Quick question, what would a hard apple cider be considered in the below categories? Other?

Class 5: SWEET

Subclass:
a - Vinifera Grape
b - Non-vinifera Grape
c - Stone Fruit
d - Berry Fruit
e - Fruit & Wine blends
f - Other

What is your rs%? This determines dry or sweet

apple would be fruit.

Other could be Rhubarb, Skeeter Pee, etc

I was looking at the entry form and it has "concentrate" listed as a sub category for red and white wines. Is this for kit wines or are the kit wines entered as varietals?

Another question...the Mead category has sub categories of "Mead" and "other wine from honey". What's the difference?

That is great!! I would log to see how my wine stands up to others!!! How do we enter? Where do I need to go to get an entry form?

AWESOME!!! I'll get started when I get to work on Friday. When is the cut off?

All entries must be received between October 10th and November 9th 2012.

Andy

Back