39th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!!!! I think that honor will fall on me!!!! After thinking about it, I think you are correct. The varietal is probably referring to the grape and, since there is not any grapes in the wine, then it should probably be specified as other. That means that I'll have to print off another label!! :( At least I hadn't put it on the bottle yet. :D

My little bottle of competition is on its way!! :D I hope it has good results! Good luck to everyone that enters!!!!!

Good luck to you, Marc. The strawberry SP looks good! If you win an award, you can call yourself an "award-winning" winemaker! It only takes one! :)

Lol!! Thanks Dave!!! Good luck to you as well!!!!! If I do win an award, it wont make me a great wine maker just yet. Just a decorated one! ;)

I sent off a bottle of Mosti Cab/syrah today. I called to ask how to classify it and was told all kis are classified as concentrate. Not what I expected but I sent it in as red concentrate. We'll see.

Good luck to you tony!!! I'm glad I'm not in that class. Maybe I'll have a chance then!! ;) I'll be in the same class as Dave so I doubt I'll have a chance anyway. Lol

Time to get some bottles ready. Only problem is that my wine buddy just had a baby and we had to push back our taste test until Halloween. Going to taste through a bunch of wines and decide how many to send in for the contest. This will be my first so pretty excited. Hopefully they show ok since they will likely arrive just before the deadline.

Question on how to classify some wines. What would be the classification for a white wine kit with part of the fpac added? Its off dry and a blend.

What about category 10? The "other/everything else" category? Do you write on the label what is in the bottle or just call it category 10-a and let the judges figure it out?

If it is a kit, ie from concentrate, I would assume you would classify it as such: class 2 - K, unless I'm misunderstanding. Don't think you want to be in category 10, that is going to be nothing similar to your wine at all.

Sorry for the confusion. Two seperate entries and trying to figure how to classify each. The category 10 is definately different but in a good way. Just not sure how much info to put on the label. Lets just say it is a fortified fruit type wine coctail but not a dessert wine.

My entries arrived at their destination last week. Judging commences on November 17th! About three weeks out! :b

I paid for my entries and boxed them up tonight. Going to send in four bottles. Decided not to send in any kit wines and just submit the stuff I cooked up in my closet from scratch. First time sending anything in to be judged. Can't wait to see the comments. Lets see what the judges have to say but regardless they are all gold medals to me! :try

Hi all, due to numerous requests, we are extending the deadline for entries to 11/14/12!

Entries go to: The Home Beer, Wine and Cheesemaking Shop in Woodland Hills, CA. (www.HomeBeerWineCheese.com)

Get those entries in and good luck!
Best,
Andy

Yes Dave it does!!!!! :br Can't wait to see ow I match up with everyone else! I would like to see where I need to improve.

Yes, indeed! That's why I sent them some Dragon Blood. I want to improve the recipe. Unfortunately, the score cards and judge's notes will not be sent out until after the first of the year. We'll have to wait to get the real feedback.

Anyway, good luck all!

Good luck to you guys!!! Can't wait to hear what you guys hear!! BTW,,dangerdave,,remember the "new and improved" may not be the best to the original,,,,from what I've read it is awsome,,,,(someday I will join in and make some) or your improved could just be another addition to what you already make,,ie: Dragon Blood II coming soon,,,,:r

Latest posts

Back