2011 Rhubarb

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreginND

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just put the finishing touches on my rhubarb wine.

2011rhubarb.jpg

Lets talk about labels. That is one very clean awesome looking label. Were you able to find red paper or did you run the red ink out. LOL Did you filter your wine. It really has a nice sparkle to it. Great job all the way around.

How was the acid on this wine? I've made it several times and the acid is a bit high, but I think that enhances it. I'll be making a trip up to Walkers as soon as they start producing more this spring.

The labels were printed on regular paper - the red is all ink and the photo doesn't show but it well but it is a gradient darker at the top and lighter at the bottom.

I like clean uncluttered labels.

My rhubarb in the back yard is a green variety - very little red color to it, so the wine comes out without any red or pink hues. I usually like my rhubarb wine dry but this one started out with too much sugar (SG 1.110) and stopped fermenting at about 1.015 leaving about 4% residual sugar. I started out with almost 24 pounds of rhubarb and made about 4.5 gallons of finished wine. It is tart. I didn't measure the acid on this but went by taste. The sugar balances the acid quite well. It is delightfully rhubarby and has a nice satiny mouthfeel. I did filter this through number 3 filter pads using my Buon Vino super jet.

Whew, did I answer all your questions?

Beautiful Label! I love how clean it looks and how it starts out darker on the top. Nicely done!

Latest posts

Back