2008 Johannisberg Riesling label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I was going to bottle the JR for a Chistmas wine but somehow didn't find time between going to Okla. and Va. then Christmas was here so fast,
20071229_173135_johannisberg_ri.jpg
so it will be my first wine to bottle for the new year. Then I have another White Zin to start and I have a Stags Leap District Merlot coming that I won as a prize for the WineMaker Magazine Label contest. Can't wait to get that one going.

Here is a label I'm thinking of using for the JR:

Great label Ramona, Great gift too. I have a bottle of the Stags Leap Merlit that Jobe sent me but he said I cant open it for awhile. Me thinks he did this just to test my patience and its getting thin.
23_20_49.gif

wade said:
Great label Ramona, Great gift too. I have a bottle of the Stags Leap Merlit that Jobe sent me but he said I cant open it for awhile. Me thinks he did this just to test my patience and its getting thin.
23_20_49.gif

That made me laugh..................

I had a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good but you could tell it wasn't aged yet.... had that "young" taste. However I would never buy another Merlot kit again unless it was this one, it's pretty good............. That is of course.......... unless it's a watermelon white merlot........

Great label Ramona
smiley32.gif
I like it.

I tell you what Ill do, Ill trade you my Watermelons for your Merlots.

Who are the people in the glass and how did you get them to stay there? Did they come in the kit?
smiley4.gif

Another winner!

Nice kit coming as your prize! Are you going to use the label you made for our Stags Leap Merlot? Remember Jumping Buck?
smiley36.gif

how did you get them to stay there? Joan thats easy, they are not coming out of there until the wine is gone!

I just got, as a late Christmas present, Corel PaintShop ProX2. I'll be playing with my new toy as soon as I get home from work today!!! More of a photo editor but see how I can use it for labels too.

Ramona

I bottled the Johannisberg Riesling today. Sweetened it slightly and ended up using a different label.

20080106_122105_100_3448_Small.jpg

20080106_122342_jr_2_Small.jpg

And a picture of my cactus blooming,

20080106_122549_100_3446_Small.jpg

Ramona

Wow! The label is fantastic!! Did you make it with Paintshop Pro??

Actually, No,

There is still much too learn and too little time. I did the label with Printshop.

Wine is excellent, Lain and I each had a bottle tonight. Excellent for being 4 hours in the bottle.
smiley10.gif
smiley27.gif

Ramona

Let me apply a disclaimer....the best wines can be are when they are aged......we just can't wait. !!!!!! Don't want to give the newbies the impression that drinking out of the bucket is optimum!!!!

Edited by: rgecaprock

Latest posts

Back