1.008 - 1.005ish

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zember311

Reaction score
This is where my wine has been sitting for some time now. It is a month old since primary, then secondary , I have been scoping this out for 1 week now and I cant even find a single bubble or mist form.....

Could this be done, just never reached 1.000 or lower ?

What are we talking about, is a kit and what kind or is it a batch of scratch country wine? What yeast was used and what SG did it start with?

You could throw in some Lavin EC1118 which is used for stuck fermintations, or finish the wine & let it clear. It will probally have some sweetness to wine. Tomy

Hey guys,

This batch is nothing more then welchers concentrates, some cherry and pomagranete.

I started the batch at 1.095 with lalvin 71B 1122

and it did have a slow about 3 weeks ago, so I even went ahead, added a bit more nutrient and some more yeast, it went crazy for awhile, then just slowed to absolute nothing at the mentioned SG.

I have no issue with it being sweet, right now it taste fantastic to me, my olny concern is it seems to have been done now, but just didn't want to think it might kick back into fermentaion in the bottles...

Hope that info helps out.

Kyle

If you like it now and have sediment i would rack it off the sediment and add k-meta and sorbate. If you want it drier then either try adding more energizer and warm it uo to say about 75 and see if she goes anymore and if that dont happen add a starter yeast to it like Tomy said.
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back