Zinfandel fruit blend wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skycrestfarm

Future Master Winemaker... well really a Novice
Reaction score
Hi Gang...
I am interested in trying to make a Zinfandel Fruit blended wine and need suggestions as to which fruits would best complement the Zinfandel. I am thinking possibly of using Cherry. What do you guys suggest?

Stephen
Skycrestfarm

Adding flavors

BE CAREFULLY ON ADDITIONS THEY CAN COMPLEMENT THE WINE OR DESTROY IT IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE TO GO SLOW,THAT SAID,ACTUALLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF VANILLA BEAN IS QUITE NICE AS WELL AS FRAGRANT,REMEMBER DO SOME TASTING TRIAL AND A LITTLE VANILLA GOES MILES.................:mny

I did a blend with Zin. I used 6 gallon of Zin to 3 gallon of pomegranate. This is one of my favorite blends. I think the cherry would be good too, I would do the same as the Zin/Pom, do a 6/3 blend

Stephen:

When I first read your question I immediately thought strawberry but then realized that strawberry is often associated with white zinfandel.

Then I did some looking around and found that raspberry, blackberry, and cherry were the fruit flavours commonly attributed to red zinfandel wine.

While other fruit flavours will probably work, I think that adding a fruit that complements an existing flavour is a good way to go.

Steve

Back