Yuck, over sulphited. Is it ruined?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This turned into a very informative thread. Thank you everyone for the help and knowledge. I don't trust my math enough to mess with hydrogen peroxide. Any lab experiments I did in college I never had to drink so I'm not going to start that now, lol. As for how the wine is going, I just burned through both my drill batteries degassing with this new tool. I made it kind of splash around as it was stirring and alot of the sulphite smell was coming out. I think I may just drape a towel over the bucket and do this again tomorrow (when the drill batteries are charged!) and then put it into the carboy and add the sparklloid. More than likely I guess these bottles will be the ones I age for a while.. Good thing I started 2 carboys of this when I made it. The other batch I didn't screw up. :)
~Kate

I had a friend do the same thing so we vacuum splashed it several times back and forth and it seemed to help it alot.

Back