Your 2015 varietal plans?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine are almost locked in, with grapes reserved, except for the white.

- 60 gallon zin, new American oak barrel
- 30 gallon petite syrah, 2nd year French oak barrel
- 30 gallon barbera, 2nd year American oak barrel
- 15 gallon chardonnay or viognier in flex, with oak staves.

I have all the equipment, excellent access to fruit and plenty of friends to help make and drink the wine. I'm leaving options open with blending the three reds.

Haven't a clue! All my wine making is on hold. Priority has been working on the house so that it can be put up for sale. Making wine will have to wait until we settle into a new place - assuming we are able to sell our current home.

South African Pinotage from grapes, brewing now
Chilean Carmenere juice bucket + lug of grapes, on order
Maryland Traminette from grapes in the fall
Italian Amarone juice bucket + lug of grapes in the fall
Italian Merlot juice bucket + lug of grapes in the fall

So far, very little. Just a Shiraz Viognier an Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc that is clearing now. I have an Aglianico arriving this month, then it'll be quiet until fall, with probably just one red kit getting started (leaning toward the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab-Merlot). In the fall, I'm thinking of Cab, Merlot and Petit Sirah.

Haven't a clue! All my wine making is on hold. Priority has been working on the house so that it can be put up for sale. Making wine will have to wait until we settle into a new place - assuming we are able to sell our current home.

Good luck! At least it is the right time of year.... Staging is VERY important...... Less is more... I've done it a few times with great success. But it was all attributed to the staging effort!

Enjoy the summer and hope California has a great one too!!!!

I never know what the future will bring, I have a close friend who has a towing Business, We are near a major Interstate trucking corridor, when they pick up wrecks he gets a lot of goodies that would go to waist if he did not tale the time to rescue and clean them up. One time it was seedless blackberry jam, 1 broken jar in a case and they would throw the case away. Once turnips, they were in gaylords and the reclamation service was scooping them up with front end loaders and dumping them. Watermelons, strawberries, candy canes, papayas, you name it, I have made some pretty interesting wines.
I now have several meads going, and 6 gallons each of merlot, Carmenere, 12 each malbec, and zinfandel, plus 6 1/2 each crabapple, elderberry, red peach, white peach, blackberry, blackberry melomel, strawberry & raspberry.

Cant wait for things to start blooming!

That is quite a bit of wine, I guess it helps living on the left coast though.

I will likely just stick to what I have aging right now since I could be moving cross country in a year, so I will need to have it all bottled prior to the move.

Still, it should be a good year. Bottling 10 gallons of pinot noir, 12 gallons of chardonnay (2yrs old), a sparkling white blend that will be near a year old at bottling (15 gallons). Around 15 gallons of the worlds most intriguing Brett lacto crystal malt funk mead this world has ever encountered. It should be quite the haul.

Merlot - From Grape Juice 2014
Nero D'Avola 2014 (5 gallons consumed; it was GREAT)
Chilean Syrah - Early May Delivery
Pinot Noir - Toying with making 5 gallons just to see how it comes out.
Pineapple Wine 2014 - 5 Gallons
Pear Wine 2014 -3 Gallons
Welch's White Grape Juice 2014 - Experimental but coming along nicely.

Besides consuming my own product, it is equally pleasurable to gift bottles to friends and family.

I am totally enamoured with Wineamking. Even thinking about the online Professional Winemaker Course at UC Davis.

(leaning toward the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab-Merlot)

I've been eye balling that one too for some time based on Mike's recommendation...It is on sale at FWV, check it out......

Latest posts

Back