Wow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmyers

wine maker in progress
Reaction score
Just gotta say Im a little worried about posting. I don't post often and haven't had much time to even be on here lately. the last thing I posted "wine snob haters" turned something that has nothing to do with wine. To me the real social injustice is that I drink DB faster than I can make it. looks like I may have to claim a second basement room for wine. I wonder if my wife would mind moving the washer/dryer into the living room

jd, there was nothing wrong with the thread you started, sometimes, an innocent thread will just go to he11 in a hand basket, quickly.

I knew I liked you, jd.

And I had nothing to do with that other thread...;)

hell_in_a_handbasket_answer_13_xlarge.jpeg

can't wait to try the DB. Plan on making it next month.
next month you could be half way to drinking it by next month don't procrastinate when I get a day off im going to go buy a couple of new carboys and use them for db only. im thinking with the amount of people who want to give up some $$ for a bottle I can pay for the rest of my wine making

Wow I was going to launch a mezza luna kit before doing the db. I have only one primary fermenter so I launch my wine kits a week apart. The more I read the more I think I should swap and do the db asap.

To me the real social injustice is that I drink DB faster than I can make it.

Get a 20 gallon brute trash can for your primary and 3 five gallon carboys. Whip up a 15 gallon batch. Takes minimal amount more effort than a 5 gallon batch.

Wow I was going to launch a mezza luna kit before doing the db. I have only one primary fermenter so I launch my wine kits a week apart. The more I read the more I think I should swap and do the db asap.
frenchy if your like me and don't always have the $$ for more equipment I have a suggestion. Go to your local grocery store talk to the manager of the bakery. the 1, 3, 5, gallon buckets they get icing in are food grade. and if your not taking them they're usually throwing them in the trash. then you'll have plenty of primaries.

also, dave It may be 1Am Pittsburgh time and I may have been doing to much taste test quality control of my wine but I'm digging your new logo

That's a new DB label I rolled out this past year. I've got a few more to put into production this year. Just changing things up a bit.

frenchy if your like me and don't always have the $$ for more equipment I have a suggestion. Go to your local grocery store talk to the manager of the bakery. the 1, 3, 5, gallon buckets they get icing in are food grade. and if your not taking them they're usually throwing them in the trash. then you'll have plenty of primaries.

also, dave It may be 1Am Pittsburgh time and I may have been doing to much taste test quality control of my wine but I'm digging your new logo

E-Yup! I hit up the Wal-Mart Bakery. Sometimes they freebie them to me, sometimes they charge $1. Either way it's affordable.

Just gotta say Im a little worried about posting. I don't post often and haven't had much time to even be on here lately. the last thing I posted "wine snob haters" turned something that has nothing to do with wine. To me the real social injustice is that I drink DB faster than I can make it. looks like I may have to claim a second basement room for wine. I wonder if my wife would mind moving the washer/dryer into the living room

She'll just move you to the dog house. That's rather cold in PA?
:w

A Brute garbage can is less than $20 at Home Depot. Hardly extravagant. I have a bunch of frosting pails in 3 and 4 gallon size, a 6-gallon bucket and a 5. But it just makes sense to whip up 15 or 20 gallons of a batch if you have the materials to do it.

As was already said, it is about the same work, unless you are pressing fruit, when it becomes a little more work. You can time your carboys by bulk aging in some so you just bottle 30 or fewer bottles at a time, if you don't want the whole 90-bottle batch.

Worth it IMO not to run out of a good vintage in less than 30 bottles.

Latest posts

Back