WOW

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
Tuesday is my wife's birthday and Wednesday is our 58th Wedding anniversary. One of my strawberry rhubarb wine bottles celebrated early with a bang. Blew it's cork and squirted half a bottle of wine out onto the basement floor! Luckily it is a sealed and painted floor so it wasn't hard to clean but the whole house smells like a winery!!
smiley3.gif
smiley4.gif

Opps!

Guess you needed more sorbate...
smiley36.gif
It happens to the best of us. Your were lucky it was a sealed floor.

Guess its easy to remember her b-day and your anniversary..
Tell SWMBO I wish her a Happy Birthday and Anniversary !

That happened to me with Plum wine with 2 bottles and luckily the shrink wraps held about 12 of the other corks in, barely! Best wishes on a B-Day an Anniversary!

58 yrs!....wonderful....invite all the neighbors to come drink the floor..will be clean in no time :)

Oh Dear! An early start to the fireworks. Keep the lid on it until your anniversary.

Say Hi to Betty for Me and both of you have a wonderful Anniversary.

This reminded me I still have most of your wine unopened, I just went in the other room and retrieved the Cranberry Blackberry. I'm bringing it in with me to have this evening!

I'm almost done with harvest! I only have the trial Leon Millot grapes to pick and have some Concord and Niagara I told someone they could have. It is a good thing they are almost all picked. They have frozen down into the low 20's three days in a row. A bit more and I wouldn't have to use the press to get the juice. I'm not even bothering with the Catawba other than what I gave some visiting pickers yesterday when they came over to help with harvest. They just never got a chance to ripen properly.

Congratulations on 58 years. I hope when I marry my fiancé we make it that long :)
sorry to hear abot your wine loss. Maybe some sealing wax or wire clips can add some sense of security to that batch of corks.
Good luck and have fun!

Happy Anniversary Barney and Happy Birthday to your beautiful wife. May you both be popping wine corks to celebrate these same days for years to come!

I have never used shrink wrap. I guess I'll have to try it now! The 1/2 bottle that was left tasted pretty good except it's a little tangy on the tongue! It's only 3 months old. Thanks everyone for the condolences (wine) and nice thoughts for our anniversary.

tepe said:
Opps!

</font>Guess you needed more sorbate...
smiley36.gif
  It happens to the best of us. Your were lucky it was a sealed floor.</font>

Guess its easy to remember her b-day and your anniversary..</font>
Tell SWMBO I wish her a Happy Birthday and Anniversary !</font>

smiley19.gif
I thought it was easy to remember her b-day and anniversary but it seems that it's Wednesday and Thursday, not Tuesday and Wednesday!! After 58 years being off just 1 day isn't so bad is it????
smiley5.gif

Back