RJ Spagnols would you add the metatartaric acid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefootwines

Premium Membership
Reaction score
Hi i have done the EN Primeur Australian savignon blanc from RJS and am at the stage of adding the metartaric acid or bottle without it.

The wine has been sitting now for about 6 weeks do i need to add the stuff or does it not really matter .

I am going to let this age for awhile so the package says it works for a year so really it wont matter if i age a year its use will be done right ? thanks for your help.

Shane

I would add it. I added it in to my EP Aussie Chardonnay and its at least 18mo old now and still no signs of any wine diamonds in a mostly 55 degree cellar.

I have made a few EP white kits and have never added the acid pack. Some of the wine made it to 18 months and never have anything drop out in the bottles. So my vote would be for why bother.

cheers

Hi i have done the EN Primeur Australian savignon blanc from RJS and am at the stage of adding the metartaric acid or bottle without it.

The wine has been sitting now for about 6 weeks do i need to add the stuff or does it not really matter .

I am going to let this age for awhile so the package says it works for a year so really it wont matter if i age a year its use will be done right ? thanks for your help.

Shane

No harm will come from adding it, but the effect will not last for fever. Then again, precipitating out the tartrates is very much dependent on how you're storing the wine. You may not see much anyway.

Thanks for comments i figured that it would depend on storage so i added it as what i have seen says it does not change the taste or look of the wine.

Thanks Shane

Latest posts

Back