WineXpert World Vineyard Austr. Grenache Shiraz Mourvèdre 12L Kit w/ Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-al

Big Al
Reaction score
I will be starting this kit within the next 2 day. The kit includes Lalvin Ec--118 yeast, I am thinking of using Lalvin BM4x4 instead. Any thought about this or should I use a different yeast?

Last edited:
Decided on BM4x4 yeast and must is bubbling. The kit came with 2 different oak packets of oak chips for the primary. Haven't decided if I will tweak the kit yet, will taste at racking and go from there. I will keep you all posted.

Yes, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I think these kits are a great buy for their price.

Update

Had a dinner party last night and had several different bottles out for tasting. This wine is still bulk aging but had a bottle left over after racking to smaller carboy. This wine was the most popular just beating out a WE Amarone that is a little bit older.

Will keep in bulk aging just so I wouldn't drink now but is ready to go. Will bottle in the spring for summer drinking.

I had the extreme pleasure of being able to sample a GSM made from fresh grapes a few weeks back, it was incredible, that blend is amazing. I hope that you save a few bottles for a year or two, you'll be happy that you did!

I bottled a batch a couple weeks ago. I tweaked it with 1tsp tancor grand cru and 3oz down under blend cubes from Midwest Supply for about 2mo. It is outstanding. Will need some time for the oak to mellow but I'm really happy with the outcome. I have found the 10L kits with skins need additional tannin. Without that addition, they tend to disappear when matched with food.

Latest posts

Back