Woooooooo Pigssssssssss Sooieeee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Getting ready for the Razorbacks and Texas A&M game. I did ribs last weeend and we goy our butts kicked good by Alabama so I switched to a Pork Loin today which I put on the smoker round4am. The peppers and onion will go into a pan of baked beans later.

IMG_0010.jpg

Wrapped the tenderloin in foil about 30 minutes ago, gave it a good spraying with apple juice first and will let it fiinish up like that.Ya'll come on over now, I have two peach cobbler in the oven too.
smiley4.gif

IMG_0012.jpg

Being from Texas (Gig'em) I won't comment of the game but your pork loin is a winner!

That looks awesome!
smiley31.gif

I haven't done a whole pork tenderloin in a while on the smoker. Got a great recipe for a raspberry habanero glaze.

Making Tony's Famous Chili today will drop a whole pork shoulder in the chili as it simmers away . . . meanwhile I'm bottling MMM Rojo Intensio and sipping Skeeter Pee. Life is good on the Right Side of Texas today.

I got the smoker going a little later than you Waldo, bout 9am I put on 20 pounds of pork butt and let er rip 10 and a half hours later it was delicious. I took these pics about half way thru, and yes there was considerable shrinkage.......
smiley36.gif

317882_2138091964108_1000397760_31937642_1393412905_n.jpg

I had it on the plate in chunks with coleslaw last night since it was so late when it finished at 8pm, but it will be pulled pork sammys for kick off time, or perhaps burritos... you never know.

I think I've found the secret to making it tasty thru and thru, brine it the night before. This is the second smoke I've done using a salt and brown sugar brine and its been almost perfect, I may have to adjust the salt a little for health purposes, but very tasty when smoked with hickory chunks

Try coating that pork butt with just plain ole yellow mustard before adding your rub to it gaudet. Leaves no taste of the mustard whatsoever and makes a nice, juice holding crust on the butt. This bunch do know how to eat don't we
smiley36.gif

Here are a few more pitures of the ret of our Arkansas 42-A&M 38 Meal.
Kats, from scratch potato salad
IMG_0013.jpg

and cole slaw and my peach cobbler

IMG_0015.jpg

And last but not least was my baked beans

IMG_0016.jpg

OK the throw down is on like Donkey Kong now! Man that looks good Waldo!

I will be smoking a whole beef tenderloin this evening over some pecan wood.

Will post some pics tonight!

gaudet said:
it will be pulled pork sammys for kick off time, or perhaps burritos... you never know.

Yep, I'm going to "pull" the pork shoulder that I cooked in my pot of Red yesterday. I shot the shoulder up with brine before dropping it in the chili. I thought the brine injections was a secret.

Waldo, all that food looks amazing! Great accompaniment to a great football game.

My thought to the Aggies was, "Welcome to the SEC, boys. Get used to it."

ttortorice said:
gaudet said:
it will be pulled pork sammys for kick off time, or perhaps burritos...  you never know. 
Yep, I'm going to "pull" the pork shoulder that I cooked in my pot of Red yesterday.  I shot the shoulder up with brine before dropping it in the chili.  I thought the brine injections was a secret.

I brine overnight. I used 4 oz salt 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic powder(per butt) dissolved in enough water to cover them(a little more than a quart) . I marinated them overnight separately a little over 12 hours.

Your cooking in chili sounds pretty interesting as well

TomK-B said:
Waldo, all that food looks amazing! Great accompaniment to a great football game.

My thought to the Aggies was, "Welcome to the SEC, boys. Get used to it."

SEC is the toughest in the nation. The Aggies are in for some growing pains

Arkansasis still experiencing thise painsbuddy and we have been there for a while now. Going to have to start the season with some real competition. Get tuff quick !! Win or lose though, I loves my Hogs !!!

Latest posts

Back