Woo Hoo - New Plumeria Batch !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
Daughter called and said her big Plumeria shrub fell over in todays rainstorm. “Come save it” So I stood it back up and tied it off and proceeded to de-nude it of blossoms. Came back across the street and checked the few plumeria I had left and sure enough I had enough for a 2 gallon batch. Actually I’ll make just over one gallon 84E4DF1F-1B53-4F35-85BA-1AD4FEF2ED7B.jpeg Working on steeping the flowers now. First ferment since before the hurricane. (Over 6 months) fortunately I had one Batch of yeast left.11AEE9A2-4A28-4554-9901-9606116596AD.jpeg

Fantastic!
Do they bloom mostly at once or over a few days? In other words, will you be getting more?
They’ve been blooming for a couple of weeks they usually have a bunch of flowers for a month or more they get new blossoms every day. I lost probably half my plants in the hurricane though.

they don’t dry well or else I send you some dry ones. they just brown up in no time.

this year the raisins were golden and not brown with age. I used grape juice instead of hibiscus tea. It’s looking nice and yellow. I tossed in a few slices of frozen mango so the yeast had something substantial to chew on.

4 lbs of sugar and its at starting SG 1.10

Last edited:
Back