WONDER FALL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know first hand about losing photos, about 1500. computer hard drive crashed and no recovery. Depressing part about that was majority of photos was of grandaughter.. from birth on.

Can relate to loosing all the digital photos,had a computer die and lost those, then this one crashed and lost more.

I UpLoad my favorite photos right away to get printed to WalMart, then pick them up when I am in town.....I Upload them in the original size, so the quality of the prints are better. They keep your photos for years in albums....so you can always go there and get copies for on your computer....
smiley14.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

I have about 50,000 pictures on my computer along with a genealogy file that the data file alone is over 60 megabytes in size. To help protect that and other files on my computer, I have everything of importance in 1 file on my desktop, I then have a 200 gig external hard drive that I use to back everything up on.

My son has an external case that you can put a standard hard drive into for external storage. Once in a while, I'll get a 40 to 60 gig on ebay for $10 and use that for my back ups. Right now I have a few of them so Ill probably just take some of tje older ones and reuse them.

I have become accustomed to backups....... and a backup for that........ and a backup for that.........

I use Carbonite online storage to back up all of my pictures/video/documents, etc.

Pretty cheap insurance

Fall indeed as I looked out the back door this A.M.
20081107_063141_SNOW_001_Small.jpg

So I had to make sure...ran to the front door...
20081107_063344_SNOW_002_Small.jpg

A quick glance over at the Mayo house...YUP , its fall alright!
20081107_063538_SNOW_003_Small.jpg

Is that fall there, or just late July?
smiley36.gif
I think we beat you out here this year. We had a couple inches or so at home las tweek, but less than an hour away, there was a foot and a half of that pretty/ugly stuff!

Love your pictures.

We had a dusting this morning but it is gone now. I guess fall have come to the heartland.

We had 1.21" of rain over the past day...It would have been a lot of snow had the temps been 10º colder.....

Now the temps are down to 32° so I went out and recused teh rain gauge and put it away.

Was suppose to snow here this PM, but all the moisture seems to have went South....we are still having some blowing mist....

Not pleasant outdoors....I am sure the Deer Hunters won't mind tomorrow morning.

No doubt your in a rather decent deer hunting area. I only made it to northern MN a few times for deer hunting.. Usually stayed around the glenwood area.. Have not made it back for deer hunting in quite a while. Dont miss the hunting, just the gathering for the hunt with family and friends up there. Well, if you go out side... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR RED!!

I'm almost afraid to ask about that one!

I managed to get my muzzle loading deer, but so far have struck out trying for a regular season buck! They are beginning the chase phase of the rut and are getting a lot more active here. I have been having herds move through mornings and evenings, but haven't seen a good buck yet! The other day I heard one scraping the tree just out of my sight. I checked it out the next day, and I would love to get that one in my sights. He tackled a big tree and left a pile of bark inches thick under the spruce tree.

Good luck to you and Jim!

RkyMtnWine said:
No doubt your in a rather decent deer hunting area. I only made it to northern MN a few times for deer hunting.. Usually stayed around the glenwood area.. Have not made it back for deer hunting in quite a while. Dont miss the hunting, just the gathering for the hunt with family and friends up there. Well, if you go out side... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR RED!!</font>[/
QUOTE]
smiley21.gif
NO! NO! NO! Not red!! It is illegal. Better be blaze orange at least in Wisconsin

It's been blaze orange for many years. Bert is out in the cold and wind this morning. I found our bird bath, several inches deep, frozen through this morning. Brrrr...
smiley9.gif
Time to bake cookies and bottle some wines!

Cookies???? Did someone say cookies???
And...maybe a little wine sampling????

Sounds like a good day for a hunting 'widow'.

I cleaned out some stuff out of the fridges....
smiley11.gif

And made a big batch of Taco Soup...

Woke up to this...

snowSmall.jpg

It hasn't gotten out of the 20°s today.....

Put the flannel sheets on the beds....

Guess the hunters are liking the 'tracking snow.....'
smiley24.gif

No snow here yet... Nice day 57 degrees
My acreage.. 12' by 24', one concord grape, and one just planted this year, one blackberry bush. This is also my area for the Jalapeno, habanero, beets, carrots, onions, turnips, and tomatoes. For a small area got quite a bit out of it.
20081108_145939_100_2772_WinCE.jpg

The strawberry patch area... and onion, bell pepper and peas
Also had sweet corn and indian corn along the fence
20081108_150236_100_2771_WinCE.jpg

Latest posts

Back