Winexpert Island Mist Favorite?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrongway

Just a brewin
Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested to try one of the Winexpert Island mist kits and would like to know what your favorite kit is? Thanks!

AkTom Thanks for the input. I have made wine from frozen juice concentrates, but want to do my first kit and want to pick a good one.
:b

Some friends made it for wedding gifts at their wedding. We liked and made it. I gave a couple of bottles the the brides parents. The mother still has the empty bottle with my label on it. That was 3 or 4 years ago.
It’s gaurenteed. You don’t like it, send the rest to my wife, she will.
Cheers

I’ve made quite a few of the island mist kits, Blackberry, Cherry, Apple, Peach, Coconut, Blueberry and a few others that I can’t remember. They all taste very good and are true to the flavor that is on the box. If you like Apples make the apple, if you like peaches make the Peach. I normally add 2-3 pounds of corn sugar or plain sugar to try to SG at 1.080. These wines are on the sweet side but they are delicious and Easy to make. Lastly these do taste better when you let them sit 3-4 months for aging. They smooth out some.

I made a limited one, Blueberry Lemonade, last year. I put about 2/3 of the fpack in primary, then used the rest prior to bottling. Thus us very good and refreshing, just off dry...not sweet. These are sweet kits, very sweet. I like the low ABV, because they are summer coolers, served on ice. Less ABV, the more drinkable on a hot summer's night. Pick a flavor you think you will like and then if you like sweet wine, just make it as is. These are nice kits.

I made a limited one, Blueberry Lemonade, last year. I put about 2/3 of the fpack in primary, then used the rest prior to bottling. Thus us very good and refreshing, just off dry...not sweet. These are sweet kits, very sweet. I like the low ABV, because they are summer coolers, served on ice. Less ABV, the more drinkable on a hot summer's night. Pick a flavor you think you will like and then if you like sweet wine, just make it as is. These are nice kits.

I actually opened a bottle of my Blueberry Hard Lemonade last night. I started it in April of 2017. Added 1L of grape concentrate, some of the f-pack and a little sugar to get me to a targeted 12.5% ABV. It's really good. Sip as a wine, or pour over ice with a slice of lemon.

Wow decisions, decisions! I defenatly like apricot and peach! But honestly I don't know a fruit that I don't like! I agree with Elizajean. I sometimes prefer a lower ABV. I made what I will call hard Apple Cider. Store bought Apple Cider fermented to 5%. I appreciate the input from everyone. I don't mind paying the price for a kit, Just did not want to get something I wouldn't like. I think I will go ahead and start with the Apricot-Peach!

Last edited:
I do the peach apricot and add three pounds of sugar and half the flavor pack in the primary...the other half at bottling.Sip as a wine or over ice 50/50 with Sprite for a sip all day wine cooler. Also makes a nice white sangria base.

Recently did the coconut yazu which is real easy to like also!

@Mismost : I was wondering if the coconut yuzu was a good choice. I have been considering it for quite a while. I think I better put it in my shopping cart soon.

GaDawg Where would you recommend the ABV be?

I do 3-4 lbs of sugar and 1/2 the F-pack, 11.5%-12.5% ABV. I’m looking for a starting SG of 1.080-1.090. The last one I made was 1.092 and ended at 1.004 which gave me an AVB of 11.52%.

@Mismost : I was wondering if the coconut yuzu was a good choice. I have been considering it for quite a while. I think I better put it in my shopping cart soon.
I made it a few months ago. It’s very good and very different. Has the taste of coconut up front and a nice citrus taste on the back end. It’s worth the buy.

Thank You All for your idea's. I will get the Peach-Apricot Ordered soon and put the coconut yuzu on the list of most wanted!

Back