RJ Spagnols Winery Series Rosso Grande Excellente

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is the pic of the RJS Winery Series Rosso Grande Excellente. Its been fermenting since last Sunday. Smells really good.
20080101_192822_Rosso_Grande_Ex.jpg

Wow did this 1 have some gas in it. I put the drill in and pulled the trigger for 1 second and stopped and I lost about a bottles worth!
smiley19.gif
Luckily I had some Super Tuscan in a 3 liter jug that would not fit in my 5 gallon carboy but was short in a 6 gallon carboy. This wine had so much gas in it that Ive been holding off checking the SG cause it was still bubbling so much but today I said this wine has to be done and checked the SG and found it at .990. I knew this was going to be a bear with gas and thats why I just gave the trigger 1 squeeze but to no avail, wooooooooooooosh!

I find that all my winter wines ferment and hold so much more gas. Too bad on the volcano though. I now almost always rack to primary for the first hit with my drill. No more volcanos for me and it helps to mix everything together. Then I rack back to glass, and degass with vacuum after I get the bulk out in the primary.

I love the Rosso Grande, so this one should be just that much better!

wade said:
Wow did this 1 have some gas in it. I put the drill in and pulled the trigger for 1 second and stopped and I lost about a bottles worth!
smiley19.gif
wooooooooooooosh!

Wade -

Do you have the Binford Model 5000 96-volt cordless drill??

Jim

LOL

Wade has so much gas in this one that when he degasses he is going to use the Binford 9900 Super Sucker Central Vac. That'll suck the skin right off a cat!

But Wade, that kit looks soooo good you can't be wasting it with wine volcanoes now!

Got this batch bottled today and cant believe how good it is already. Have the Super Tuscan and Amarone in bulk and a California Syrah that I have had for a few months now but have been waiting for warmer temps to keep the electric bill down. I know the brew belt dont use much but after fixing my car and the furnace i can barely afford to purchase oil for heat if you know what I mean!
smiley7.gif

Back