RJ Spagnols Winery Series Changes???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wctisue

Reaction score
Has the Winery Series changed formats in the last few years?
I bought a 2 1/2 year old kit and the box says Winery Series 15L with 2.5 Kg of grape skins (plastic jar full of skins, seeds, very jammy). When I look at FVW's Winery Series page it lists the kit as 16L with 250 g. dried skins. When I look at the specific Cabernet page it lists the kit as 18L.

I've done several kits with the jammy addition and only a few with the dried skins. Its very evident to see how the sweet, jammy tasting addition would add to the body and characteristicsto the wine while I'm not so sold on dried skins.

Anybody remember changes to this line of product?

Wayne

I just made the Zin in the Winery series andhad the platic jar full of jammy skins and seeds.

Im pretty sure all the Winery Series are all the jammy grape packs and 18 liters now but I do think they have changed format from 13-16 to the 18. Not sure they ever did the dried grape pack in them though. I thought that was only EP and Cru Select.

The winery series did change a couple of years ago. They added an extra litre of juice/concentrate to bring up the liquid to 16l from 15l and it STILL contains 2.5kg of jammy skins (which is actually very close to 2.5L, don't you love metric?), so in essence, it's an 18.5L kit.

The dried skins, while they do not contribute sugars to the mix, still contribute color, tannins, and plenty of other phenolic goodness. I don't think that one is better than the other.

Latest posts

Back