RJ Spagnols Winery Series Cab Sauv

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I have just opened a bottle of this as Dean said this kit was 1 of his favs. This 1 is by far the best 1 yet at least this point in the game after the EP Amarone. Wow! This 1 is flowing with Black Berries and is spicy like a Syrah with pepper. Sort of a vanilla backing also. Highly recommended!

Yep, I just love this one. Matter of fact, almost everything in the Winery Series is outstanding. The only one that I don't do that often is the Valpolicella because the Cru Selection Valpolicella Ripassa is much better. The Winery Series Merlot is loved by my parents, and the Shiraz (Now called California Syrah) gets rave reviews from all my friends that want me to enter that into contests. The only one that I don't have aged to test yet is the Rosso Grande Excellente as it only came out last year, and sadly is still in the box because I've been lazy.

Well I have the Syrah and needs more time for the extra oak I added to settle in. I have the Cru Select Val. Ripassa and its awesome now and has about 1 1/2 years on it I think. the Rosso grande is still a little young and i havent opened 1 yet but will probably be next in line to try and see how its progressing, probably this week cause I dont have the will power like you but it does have about 6-7 months under its belt. The Super Tuscan is very good too!

ummmm blackberry and peppery......that is what I like about these wines!!
smiley4.gif

I wish someone would come out with another matero shiraz

This maybe a dumb question, but I can't find "Winery Series Cab Sauv". Does George have a part number for this one?"</span></font>

George does not carry it yet but Ive been pushing him to carry these as they are awesome wines and all have the grape pack. My guess would be that the Cellar Craft version would be as good though. If you like big reds these always produce great results. These are called Cellar Classic Winery Series from RJS. Look at the bottom 1's and youll see the Winery Series.
Cellar Classic

Thanks Wade. How would you compare this to the EP5 Delu Ranch Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon?

The EP is better after about 2.5 years of age! How much better? To my palate, about the difference between a $25 bottle to a $60 bottle. Consider one your favorite Cab from a california maker, and the EP the same makers reserve wine that they consider outstanding. Same difference.

I have not done the Delu but must say that Dean has been spot on for every wine that he has suggested to me and I value his taste very much.IMOhe should be a moderator here!
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back