Wineries in Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreginND

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this but I guess this is as good a place as any.

I am going to be traveling in Michigan next week starting in the UP then to the Traverse City area and down to West Michigan.

I want to visit wineries in Traverse City area and West Michigan and am looking for some suggestions. As I am looking for inspiration for tasting rooms and discussions of business models with commercial wineries. So I'd love to talk with owners and winemakers.

There are a lot of wineries now and too many to visit. So, are there any favorites that I MUST visit?

Thanks.

Greg

Greg, it's a real bummer you're not coming this way. This is a meeting I'm going to Wednesday put on by Penn State. It sounds exactly what your looking for.

Winery Layout & Design
and
Enology & Wine Grape Discussion

Wednesday, JUNE 5, 2013
Program – 4:30 P.M.

Location – Courtyard Wineries
10021 West Main Road (Rt. 20)
North East, PA

Winery Layout and Design - Kathy Kelley, Horticultural Marketing, Penn State

Topics include:
•Creating a visually appealing entrance
•Color and wall texture, ceilings and walls, music and other sounds
•Layout and guiding customers through the outlet
•Placing and promoting merchandise
•Giving customers a reason to return: Events

Enology and Wine Grape Discussion – Denise Gardner, Extension Enologist & Mark Chien, Viticulture Extension Educator, Penn State

Topics include: Meet and greet with Denise Gardner, Mark Chien, and Kathy Kelley

This is an opportunity for winery operators, winemakers, and wine grape growers to provide your input concerning future programming, voice concerns, discuss problems or any other issues affecting the wine grape industry.

In SW Michigan we like St Julian. Tabor hill. Founders and round barn. Those are our top 4

Traverse City area, look for those on the Leelenau Penninsula. i went to many of them, but the joy of the experience has erased details. :)

We are leaving the Traverse city area today. We had a great two days visiting wineries. There are some real world class wines coming from this area. We spent the first day on the Old Mission Peninsula and the second day on the Leelenau peninsula. I'll try to post a detailed report later.

Latest posts

Back