WINEMAKER MAG RESULTS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all medal winners and to those who should have placed. I just now got to read these posts but the funny thing is, I talked to George this afternoon and he asked me if I entered anything. I had told him no but at $35 a bottle (shipping included) if I had entered three bottles I could have used the money to buy another kit. I may enter some county fairs this summer just to get some feed back. humm I wonder if I'll get any feedback from some wine I already sent out to some people LOL.

wade said:
I guess I can finally open Waldo's bottle now! Yeeehaaaw

Go for it Buddy !!!
smiley4.gif

I got 7 medals (2 gold, 5 bronze) but since I entered 13, I don't feel like I did very well this year.

First time to enter and I got lucky,metals on 4 out 5 entries.
One gold andthree silver.

Time to Party!!!
smiley4.gif

I'll let George and Wine-o decide about everybody getting a medal, but I wonder about the merits of a DFW regional wine contest. Looking at the web site for the San Antonio Regional Wine Guild, I see that they have an annual wine-judging competition. I then, unsuccessfully, did a search for a competition in the DFW area. I found that curious, to say the least.

I'm with you, Arden. I'd be excited to enter a local D/FW wine contest. There are over 6 million people in the Metroplex now, so surely that's more than "critical mass." I'd be happy to enter and to judge (if asked), and I wouldn't even charge for my tasting "services."
smiley2.gif

Congrats to those that won medals. :)
George, there is always next year for Retailer of the Year.
I always tell my friends to check your store out before any other.

I went one for three - got a gold for the Green Apple Gewurtzaminer kit but nothing for the Sangria with Seville Oranges kit or a Pear wine from scratch with fresh fruit. I don't know the validty of the judging but it is fun to tell my non-wine making friends I got a medal - so, think I got my money's worth from that alone!

We got a gold for our elderberry mead, previously it had gotten an honorable mention in the Winepress.us comp, and when we entered it into the Mazer cup they basically said it wasnt mead, but glad we finally found some folks who like our elderberry mead. We made some fruit "ports" that confused the judges so I think we might need to put them into another catagory next time around and another one of our wines made a judge sick so we wont send that one back either :):) Crackedcork

congratulations to all medal winners - - -

way to go!!!!

I'm sure George will have something for us next year.

again, congratulations!!!

</font>

Congrats to all....!!!!!!

I went0 for 4 this year....
smiley19.gif

I tried to get you some more votes George.... we'll do it next year!

Back