wine vinegar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made vinegar, on purpose I hope! How does it taste compared to a store bought?

I had made herb vinegar before and proudly Posted my efforts...was informed that I better keep it away from any winemaking stuff....

Does it cross-breed...cross-pollenation...or were we afraid that bugs would carry germs across?

It is smoother-less acid--on purpose( lower alcohol to start produces less acidy vinegar)). The smell is very nice. I make it whenever i have some freshly made wine and my supply of vinegar is almost gone. Last round, I made cider vinegar from apple juice that i fermented. It is a simple process. I use a sun tea jar because of th large opening at the top and the spiggot for dispensing.It easily makes a 1/2 gallon batch Edited by: scotty

Northern Winos said:
I had made herb vinegar before and proudly Posted my efforts...was informed that I better keep it away from any winemaking stuff....

Does it cross-breed...cross-pollenation...or were we afraid that bugs would carry germs across?
After the vinegar is done, you can pasteurize it or treat it with 2 campden tabs per gallon. Then it no longer has the active acetic bacteria in it and no longer can be used to start a new batch of vinegar.

wade said:
You made vinegar, on purpose I hope! How does it taste compared to a store bought?

YEEEES WADE
smiley5.gif
on purpose
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back