Wine started to clear then became cloudy again??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this right after I broke my last one. Holds Thermometers and hydrometers, and test tubes, and syringes, Made out of solid oak, I finished it off with food grade polyurethane. It is heavy and solid and I no longer need to lay my hydrometers down.....

Great Idea John! I think I will make one of these tonight! I will use some scrap PVC boards I have laying around just waiting for me.. Mine will not look as good as yours though..

Great Idea John! I think I will make one of these tonight! I will use some scrap PVC boards I have laying around just waiting for me.. Mine will not look as good as yours though..

Yup, the thing looks good, but that was not my goal.

I don't care if the thing looks like Bea Aurther (if it helps to keep my hydrometers safe).

You got that right.. in 8-9 months I have broken two.. so this will pay for itself!

Lol yeah, i think i better build one of these too, ill probly attach mine to my bar. I have cats that like to tip things over.

John I like the way the rack came out. Nice idea. I have one high range hydrometer that I keep protected in a 1" PVC tube and I glued one cap on and the other end has a screw cap on it. This is not as accessible as yours but I'll probably only use it once a year.

John I like the way the rack came out. Nice idea. I have one high range hydrometer that I keep protected in a 1" PVC tube and I glued one cap on and the other end has a screw cap on it. This is not as accessible as yours but I'll probably only use it once a year.

Wolf,

This makes sense (and I should make one up too) for the long periods of time that I do not need a hydrometer. Can you provide pictures? Also include a tape measure in the photo so I can judge size?

John here is a picture I already had loaded. I cut the pipe to the length of the hydrometer. With the end caps added this left plenty of space for some foam on the top and bottom for cushion. I had some thin foam I was able to wrap around the hydrometer before inserting it in the pipe. I am not confident on a 6' drop but it'll take plenty of banging around in a cupboard or drawer. I could guess and tell you it's 8" but I am always off and it ends up being much larger.

DSCN2280.jpg

Back