Wine season approaching!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbwenger

Reaction score
I just wanted to say to all, good luck as the grapes are about to be picked over the next several months... i also wanted to say i will try to keep checking back as much as possible, and as i am working w/ fresh juices for the first time, i'm sure some questions will arise, but since i coach football, (and our preseason camp begins this week), i will not be around as much for the next 3-4 months
smiley19.gif
... thanks everyone for all the fun this summer!!! and i'll keep everyone posted on my mishaps and misfortunes of wine follies!!!!

My wine fruit is available all year, thanks to my 2 trusty freezers! To me, kits are way too easy to ever buy enough grapes to make 5 or 6 gallons of wine, then have to have all that equipment. If the local vineyard here would sell me juice only by the carboy full, I would go for that. They have a crusher and destemmer and 2 big presses and all but only use them for their greedy selves. Also, the grapes are something called Spanish Black. I think they are an old variety of champagne grapes. I am not even buying any muscadines or scuppernongs this year, so maybe I will have time to make the kits I want. One very good friend of mine has picked and destoned and frozenseveral pounds of very ripe redplums, so I will make my first plum wine sometime this year. I plan on fermenting as cool as possible with Lalvin 71B-1122.

smiley16.gif

Good luck with your football team CB will look forward to hearing about the progress on your wines. It looks like somewhere around the end of Novembermy bottling season will begin and I am looking forward to that step in my journey

damn greedy wineries... fortunately the juice i'm getting comes in 6 gallon tubs to ferment right in them... good luck w/ the plum wine, heard good things about plum wine... thanks for the good luck Waldo, and i thought i'd try that marriage thing that you are so good at, so i got engaged this past weekend... (need to make lots of wine for the guests next summer!!!!)

Congratulations!
smiley32.gif
I'm so happy for you!
smiley19.gif
(Tears of joy!) Wishing you many years of stong marriage.

OK, CB, congratulations!

Now for the part my Grandma told me a few years ago...

Why buy the cow when you are getting the milk for free?

Oh yea, and this one I heard on TV last night...

You are getting married? You no longer want sex?

smiley36.gif

Two Hearts, Two Minds

In Time, Did Find

One Path

Congrats ! CB
smiley32.gif

I am sure we will see a picture of the lucky gal being posted here soon

Congrats Corey and Ali and wish you all the best on your life together.

GO PATS!!!!!
smiley36.gif

Thanks guys, it's really appreciated... George was actually one of the first to know, since I called him the day after about shrink caps... Glenval, you hit it the nail right on the head!!! Waldo, she posted a picture of us at a NY winery on the Bio page recently, (i think she's one of the more recent posts... Ali from NY)

thanks again!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes. Corey did a very romantic proposal and we opened a special bottle of wine from Viansa that we were saving from our trip out to Napa Valley. I attached a couple of pictures from that night here so you can check them out. Best of luck to all of you with the wine-making season!

2005-08-24_065155_corey_bear.jpg

2005-08-24_065212_view_one.jpg

didn't know she was going to post the picture w/ me and the teddy bear though!!! i might lose all my credibility!!! thanks glenval, she's also a great bottler and lasbel maker!!!!!

I just wanted everyone to see what a romantic, thoughtful fiancee I have. So hopefully you guys don't think any less of him
smiley2.gif

I reckon if he wants to make the rest of us look bad he can, but we don't have to like it!
smiley36.gif

I have a friend that leaves his wife romantic letters every morning. No wonder they have been married 18 years. I hope my wife don't find out.

smiley5.gif

A little "Wisdom from Waldo"

Two things you never want to neglect. Your wife and the brakes on your vehicle. Either can fail you unexpectedly if you do.

Congratulations to you both. You look like the perfect couple.

Waldo is a very wise man. Follow his advice. Some menput off taking care of their breaks until a disaster takes place!!! Then it's too late.

Ramona

Always giver her a kiss before you (or she) leave for work and when you come home from work. And when you go to bed.

And take turns saying "I'm sorry." Even if you think you're right sometimes, it's just good to step back and do it.

And that's advice from a super-stubborn old woman!
smiley36.gif

Old? Right, OK.

Very good advice, Waldo.

I take good care of my brakes and make sure they will stop me when I mess up a little. Or alot.

smiley33.gif

OK since we're giving marriage advise, here's my two cents worth.

1. When you get upset and want to argue, think to yourself .... "Will this make a difference in my life a year from now?" If it's not going to make a difference, let it go. If it will make a difference stand your ground and make yourself understood.

2. Laugh everyday with the one you love

We wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

Latest posts

Back