Wine room - must haves, nice to haves??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like that! I just figured out how to do the pm thing. Thanks in advance for the worksheet!

Wow, dralarms, I'm jealous!

I've just added "wine making room" to the functions served by my home office/bar/library/music room/hangout. Still working on it, but I built a shelf system basically using dimensions that would accommodate the AIO. I want to add a PVC tube about 6 inches tall next to the AIO for bottling, to put the bottle in so I can free up a hand when I don't have The Assistant Winemaker helping.

Big sink is in adjacent utility room, but I have a small sink in progress on my back bar in this room. Behind me out of the pic is also a cabinet I built to hold primary fermenters, which also has a built in propane burner. All this is still a work in progress.

IMG_1108.jpg

I would like that! I just figured out how to do the pm thing. Thanks in advance for the worksheet!

Go to the persons avatar - and left click and it should have different options. Then click on the one that says send a private message -

Send Gerald a Pm with your email and I"M sure he would then send you all the information that you requested for

Dralarms,

Is the cart carrying the carboys low enough from the counter top to bottle with an AIO?

Terry

My hoist set up.

Dralarms - that's an amazing setup!
One question about your hoist… is the tube it's mounted to held to the ceiling by something other than the four tiny screws that can be seen in the picture? That looks like a lot of weight but I don't see what's holding it up.

One question about your hoist… is the tube it's mounted to held to the ceiling by something other than the four tiny screws that can be seen in the picture? That looks like a lot of weight but I don't see what's holding it up.

Those tiny screws are into studs and are 3 inches long. I picked up my 150 lb son with it to test it out. :)

Here is my space. Currently used for storage - going to change opening from outside to different wall and open it to the real basement which means it is a big project but DH has always wanted to connect real basement (pantry) to sub basement which only has access from outside. ImageUploadedByWine Making1424630784.983577.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1424630799.614826.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1424630822.393771.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1424630864.985525.jpg opening will be on side under window
ImageUploadedByWine Making1424630926.004894.jpg the last project I asked for was a chicken coop and this is what I got! Chicken tajmahall! Lol. Can't wait to see what he will make of this space!!

Oh wow! I LOVE your chicken coop! Can you send your DH over here when he's finished with your wine room? I'd like to see what he could make out of MY basement!
;)

Lol temperanceowl he can be subbed out! Here is the other side of where the two rooms will connect - if you see the table that is standing upright in my previous post the two rooms will connect through that area once we have concrete broken through ImageUploadedByWine Making1424632224.233319.jpg

Oh, and I use a brew hauler around the carboy while using the hoist.

Oh, and the hoist can be used for other stuff too.

Here it is holding up a must bag for draining. I can squeeze the bag without having to try holding it out of the juice in the bucket.

IMG_0747.JPG

I just watched the video for the all in one wine pump and that has now moved up to the first thing on my I MUST HAVE list! lol Just yesterday I told DH that I would like an oak barrel for Mother's Day but this wine pump has now nudged the barrel out! I can wait for my birthday for the barrel :mny

This is exactly why I posted this thread - I need to know what I NEED! :)

A wine pump is defiantly a must have as far as I am concerned. Unless you only make 10 or 15 gallons a year. Efficient, time saving, clean and sanitary racking all in one. As well as the ability to effortlessly degas.

If you put your floor corker up higher, make sure you wear safety glasses when you use it. I had a chunk pop out of a bottle once when putting the cork in. I suspect the bottle had a bad spot in it, but made a believer out of me. Be careful and have fun. Arne.

Love your setup, @dralarms . But why anyone would need that much storage space for empty carboys is just beyond my comprehension. :)

Latest posts

Back