Wine Room Bonus

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigham

Reaction score
So most of you may rememberI purchased a new home with a beautiful supply of concorde grapes from a 30 yr old vine. So naturally I ate them lol, then when I had gotten sick of eating so many grapes I gave some to freinds and a nieghbor who happened to be a home Vinter(Lucky me). He started me off in making my own wine. In the home the bonus was this wine room which my wife thought would be a great cold room or store room. I didnt have a chance to get it cleaned out as of yet. The other day she was in it and said hey when did you get all of this wine making stuff
smiley2.gif
. I said honey it was here dont you remember, (I bought it all in the past three months lol) I started to clean up the room and get it kind of looking good, but now I am offering the pictures for critics and ideas from the wonderful people here like apple who showed me some ideas for the terracotta clays.The old guy who had the house was quite a home brewer i wish i had more aof a chance to speak with him about it before he moved to florida!! Bob by the way if your reading this forumn please call me
smiley36.gif
. anyway not to ramble on but please if u have some ideas im all ears and open to suggestions. and thanks
20070515_075124_100_5316_Small.JPG

Okay, you have alot of stuff already!
smiley2.gif
What is that big red thing on the shelf with plastic over it and you have a mini jet already!
smiley4.gif
Whats on the other side of that room? Very nice trig.

WOW!!! Very impressive...Looks like you got it all under control....

You are one lucky guy to get such a neat room with thehouse....keep those photos coming.

wade said:
Okay, you have alot of stuff already!
smiley2.gif
What is that big red thing on the shelf with plastic over it and you have a mini jet already!
smiley4.gif
Whats on the other side of that room? Very nice trig.

Thanks Wade,
The red thing under plastic is for capping beer , it came with a lot of items i bought from a local buy sell n trade. and yes a brand new minijet came with that lot as well.Th other side of teh room is where the terracottas are the room is more or less 5 feet wide by 14 long. see pic of other side below.well the lower part of it, lol ill take a better shot just you for you bud!!
20070515_085518_100_5322_Small.JPG

bmorosco said:
thats great room..do you have runing water in there?

I dont have running water "YET". I plan on redoing my basment all over to my own specs when the money warrants it, and a wine room of the finest quality will be a must!!The room just across fromthis room though,is a laundry room and I was thoughful enough to realize my wife needed one of those huge laundry tubs hooked up in there
smiley2.gif
. I now use that to soak and clean my wine bottles amongst other things. Its only ten feet away, so not far at all. am I not a good husband or what
smiley20.gif

wade said:
What are the plans for those mirrors? Did they come with the house to?

lol No they were decorative bases for candle holders from our wedding, I am hoping that someday I can use them in a wine show to showcase my fine tasting wines that I am learning to prucure thanks to you and everyone else on George's forum.
smiley2.gif

bmorosco said:
Thats great...Have to keep the misses happy!!

Yes Benny I see you have been a good boy too and added the wifes name to your tag
smiley2.gif

Back