Wine "legs"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB

Reaction score
I've been reading some on the lines or legs that appear in the glass and the thoughts of what they mean, if anything. Most of the sites I've visited have indicated that there is no coloration between the legs and the quality of the wine. All I know is the best tasting of my wines all have legs in the glass.

I wanted to get your thoughts on this. Do the legs in the glass really mean anything? Are they a good judge of the quality of wine or do they mean anything at all?

well the sharper and more legs you have the higher the alc. level. try vodka in a glass and you will have many legs

thats what I've always heard on legs the more and longer they are the more alcohol in the wine or beverage.....you know like maybe some type of wine so to pseak made out of corn, you know the type I think they call squeezings.. possibly??? LOL you know I like mine to have legs up to their shoulders or close lol

Sirs your right, longer or...... more leg is better

It's really both, alc. content and viscosity (mouth-feel). Both will give you legs, and everything about wine is a personal preference.

legs are good in my book....... even if one of mine is kinda messed up it's still useable

Back