Wine Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazwel

Reaction score
How do you make your own labels?

I love the ones I see on here...............

Thanks.

I use Printmaster. I have an old version that I got from Office Max or someplace like that for under $10. I print on plain paper, cut and apply with glue stick. Works well for me (as long as the labels don't get wet - then they run like a greyhound).

I also use printmaster and pic monkey. The only thing I do different it spray a couple light coats of lacquer spray before I cut them and glue them on. Learned that one from someone here, wish I could remember to give credit. It gives them a nice look and helps with the water issue.

Had not heard of pic monkey, Shelly. Looks pretty cool though. May have to play with that a bit.

I use paint.net to make the label then transfer to a Microsoft word template and print onto a medium thickness of paper.
Then I cut out and use clear school glue to apply.

Picmonkey and glue stick. I get pics my friends have posted of themselves on Facebook, make a label, and give them a bottle of wine.

[QUOTE=" I get pics my friends have posted of themselves on Facebook, make a label, and give them a bottle of wine.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. I may have to use that for the Christmas gift bags.

I create personalized labels on Avery.com. They're personalized with a picture or image within a somewhat standard layout. They're printed on regular inkjet paper with a simple HP Inkjet printer. The labels are sprayed with a fixative. When dry the labels are cut out, have glue stick glue applied and then are stuck to the bottles.

Wine bottles gifted around the holidays and say for a birthday will be decoratively packaged, by my wife, with nuts, cheese and other such stuff.

You can capture a lot of great pics with the "print screen" function on your keyboard. Bing, Microsoft have pics you can browse, too. Then just take them into your label program. We have hundereds of stored pics on an external hard drive. We're sort of "label junkies." Get bored with the same things over and over, so we like to mix it up.

I use pics I have or usually do a search on the web and then take them into PicMonkey and work my magic.

Insert them into Word, print and use a spray adhesive.

Like wineforfun, I use Word. I use plain copier paper. Pretty easy to do, lots of images available from my own photography or search, and lots of fonts.

I have a paper cutter I use to cut the labels, so I can do a number of them at one time.

I use milk to affix the labels. I paint it on with a cheap brush and slap on the label and let it dry. When it comes time to remove them, a little warm water washes them right off. It's hard enough to peel original labels off the bottles; mine had to be easy to get off, or I wouldn't be doing labels at all.

Arne keeps begging me to send him more wine cuz the labels come off the bottles easy. :)

Arne keeps begging me to send him more wine cuz the labels come off the bottles easy. :)

[/QUOTE]

Yep, but they don't come off til the bottle is completely empty. (Maybe we need bigger bottles.) LOL, Arne.

Latest posts

Back