Wine Kit Ingredients

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsipn

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I buy a decent kit of $100 -$200, what is added to the juice? Meaning, is the juice, just juice? Or, are colorants, artificial flavors...etc. added to the juice?

I looked on some sites and I can't find a list of ingredients anywhere.

Thanks,

the juice is balanced for acidy with I believe malic acid. the sg is also set. the juice is concentrated requiring addition of water. at the higher price level water is less than at the lower priced level. all juice buckets can be purchased just do a internet search

If I buy a decent kit of $100 -$200, what is added to the juice? Meaning, is the juice, just juice? Or, are colorants, artificial flavors...etc. added to the juice?

I looked on some sites and I can't find a list of ingredients anywhere.

Thanks,

I don't think any of us will ever know what is added to the kits or juice buckets.

This came to mind because the last kit I made was really good. But, the color was just a little different than I thought it would be. It wasn't bad and it's hard to explain. It just didn't quite look like a red wine color. It was almost slightly purple. So, I was wondering if they actually added a color to it.

I think some producers add yeast nutrients and energizers to the concentrate

Back