Wine Consumption

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All - With the winter doldrums on us (20 below again this morning), I've found that my consumption has gone up some. Being in road construction, this is kind of the dead time of year so I have a lot more idle time to deal with. Get home from work, get some chores done, dinner, and then its only like 7pm. Might as well relax with a glass or bottle of wine. I am from WI so I know we have predisposition to drink a little more than the average American. I was wondering how many bottles of wine others typically go through in a week. Trying to figure out if my consumption is wayyy outside the norm. :dg

Thanks!

I drink more in the summer sitting at the pool, are in it.
I drink more in the winter when its cold. and i am bored.
I drink more in the spring, because i am happy it is warming up.
I drink more in the fall, because i know its going to get colder.

I drink about 2 to 3 bottles a week...

I tend to drink on average less than a bottle a week. However, I also drink beer and liqour. I tend to stay around 2 drinks a day for weekdays and I try to go no more than 5 on a weekend day.

I stopped drinking after NYE.
On a diet and down 20lbs
I had 1 stout during the superbowl.
This has allowed me a chance to build up my surplus.
However I am going to have to rage on when I start up again, because I have bottles everywhere that need to be tasted!

Of course I drink a bottle of 2 of DB when sitting by my pool!

I only drink wine on the weekends. Usually a bottle each night. I would be in the 2-3 bottles per week club.

at this time, I am probably at about 4 or 5 bottles a week. Believe it or not, I have cut back to lose weight. I have lost 15 pounds in three weeks.I try to keep it to 3 glasses a night, maybe more on the weekend.

Well, that all depends...

I only drink on the weekends/days off and do not drink at all during lent.

Without any visitors to the winery, I am good for 1 bottle a night (so 2 a week)

With visitors to the winery, my personal drinking will shoot up to 3 or 4 a week.

During the holidays, I probably drank 4 or 5 bottles a week.

If me and my hubby are on a tear, we could easily drop over a gallon!

Usually we go through 2 bottles per day. We're self employed and I rarely leave the house. He goes out when he has to, but stays home as often as possible.

2 o 4 bottles on the weekend. But I am stopping to lose weight - so 1 per month.

Usually a bottle of house wine and a few beers each night at work. Hey I'm a cook! At band practice, I drink two 40 oz. bottles of Old English 800. Not really a fan of other malt liquors, but I love 8 Ball lol. The only homebrew I have that's ready right now is Sima. I try to have a batch of that going at all times. I'm good after a couple pints of that in a pinch. Being Scotch-Irish-French American, I was lucky enough to be born with an extra liver :D

Rhino farts and rocket fuel!

jojabri, you wouldnt drink a gallon of mine......lol
after a whole bottle of my 14%abv are better, I am done.

I have at least a glass most nights - usually two. I'd say I average 4 bottles a week.

jojabri, you wouldnt drink a gallon of mine......lol
after a whole bottle of my 14%abv are better, I am done.

I accept that challenge! Oddly, we had toned it down, a few years ago we could annihilate a gallon of whiskey. :0

I am a whiskey drinker for sure... have been for years...but even after 5 are six cocktails, i am ready for dinner.. I buy canandian club by the case, and a case usually last me about....6 to 7 weeks.

I'm not feeling so bad anymore! Actually, now I'm thinking I may need to catch up :h

I'll usually have a couple beers while I feed the dogs and take care of everything out back. Then, after dinner (belly is too full for beer) a glass of wine or mixer but depending on how late we stay up, that could lead to the bottle of wine or a few mixers. That's weekdays. Weekends are play time, we don't count :h

I am a whiskey drinker for sure... have been for years...but even after 5 are six cocktails, i am ready for dinner.. I buy canandian club by the case, and a case usually last me about....6 to 7 weeks.

We have some great Bourbons in Kentucky, so it was 2nd nature to gravitate in that direction for me. And OOOOOHHHH the CC memories I have! LOL! One of my best friends who used to own a bar I worked at (hosting karaoke) LOVED CC, and had no qualms doing shots with me.... Things got wild some times. *tee hee*

I will drink maybe 5-7 bottles a week. My wife may drop a few more while I'm working.

Note: That's 260-360 bottles a year for me alone!

I need to cut back a bit...:slp

Latest posts

Back