Wine celler idea?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
I think home wine making would have been better use of this property.
2006-03-21_182941_1.jpg

A friend sent me this. It was supposedly a pot grower bust in Tenn. They had a hidden door in the garage( a bit dark here), hydraulic closing.

2006-03-21_183050_2.jpg

2006-03-21_183115_3.jpg

It would take more than a simple knock, knock to enter here.

2006-03-21_183203_5.jpg

2006-03-21_183244_6.jpg

2006-03-21_183355_43.jpg

I have no idea of the growing time for this stuff, but they were harvesting every 60 days. I got the scope of this cave by seeing the guy on the right. I think they said the cave was there, they just modified it.

Every Batcave needs an escape hatch
2006-03-21_183438_8.jpg

2006-03-21_183516_9.jpg

2006-03-21_183810_10.jpg

This guy had to be using massive electricity. They were also talented Engineers, You can't get the stuff they used at Lowes or the local HVAC. I was amazed. They said it was a years worth of surveilance before the bust.

That would cure all of you wine storage issues. Heck, you could even have regional AA meetings there.

Oh my gosh!! That's crazy!!! I think I'll stick to my wine!!! But I would take the dark cool room anyday!!

Man! When that property comes up at the Sheriff's auction, let me know! That would be an awesome space for a wine cellar (and a bowling alley, and an indoor roller-hockey rink, and....).
smiley17.gif

Bert and I are moving South! Tennessee sounds like a great place to start making wine!

PolishWineP said:
Bert and I are moving South! Tennessee sounds like a great place to start making wine!

Actually,some of the best wine I have ever had came from a winery in Pigeon ForgeTennessee. When we vacationed there last fall we stopped ata couple vineyards the area. By far, I liked Mountain ValleyVineyards the best. They make a Norton/Cynthiana wine to die for. After drinking this and finding out there is a chance I can grow Norton's here, that is my next big project!
smiley32.gif
I can't wait till we go back so I can pick up some more. Guess I could order some from them.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Smurfe,

Did you stopby Dollywood?
smiley1.gif
My wife and I spent a few days on vacation there back in the early 90's when I was stationed at Pope AFB, NC. Even tried indoor skydiving there.

I'll betyou Martina has a wine recipe for that stuff
smiley2.gif

earl

usafcajun said:
Smurfe,

Did you stopby Dollywood?
smiley1.gif
My wife and I spent a few days on vacation there back in the early 90's when I was stationed at Pope AFB, NC. Even tried indoor skydiving there.

Actually no, we didn't go cause it was butt cold and we didn't have the kids with us. We just relaxed and did a lot of shopping.We plan on going back this summer or possibly even on Spring Break but it will still be chilly there so probably sometime this summer. The place we rented our cabin from sent my a coupon the other day for 50% off any cabin rental in the month of June. So if we don't go to Disney in June, we are heading back to Gatlinburg.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back