Wine Cellar Opinions Needed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the morning packing lumber, insulation and drywall into the basement. Construction has finally begun. will post some progress pics this week / weekend.

Things are moving along now. The drywall is all hung and the first coat of joint compound has been applied.

How many bottles will that hold?

The individual bottle racking will be about 350. There is space on the floor left and right of the door for cases or racks if I want. I also have a 54 bottle cooling unit in my wine bar off the kitchen.

That's more than enough for me. I could have done double deep racks. I could have also made the side racks taller but constraints with cooling units and aesthetics took priority.

You also need to make sure you leave room for carboys and barrels

Question... Are these pictures of you standing in the wine cellar or taking a picture of the door going into the wine cellar? Is that an exterior rated door or an interior door? Interior rated doors will lose a lot of the refrigeration...

Question... Are these pictures of you standing in the wine cellar or taking a picture of the door going into the wine cellar? Is that an exterior rated door or an interior door? Interior rated doors will lose a lot of the refrigeration...

No this is outside of the cellar. That is an exterior door as well. And yes that door is installed reversed. I designed it for an outswing door but got a steal on this door.
I do not make wine so storage for carboy's was not in my scope.

So I'll bet you've got bottles lined up, bangin' at the door for a spot in there!!! Mighty fine bit of work :HB

Well I got the walls and ceiling primed yesterday. Now on to installing the cellar floor, trim and building the racking.

Latest posts

Back