Will this work out okay?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWs

Sixth year into this... and still learning!
Reaction score
I got in a hurry and bottled a 1 gallon batch of Plum/Apple Wine to fast and ended up with sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I opened them and poured them back into a gallon jug and put in a air lock. Can I add Super-Kleer and wait say 2 weeks and re-bottle?

I got in a hurry and bottled a 1 gallon batch of Plum/Apple Wine to fast and ended up with sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I opened them and poured them back into a gallon jug and put in a air lock. Can I add Super-Kleer and wait say 2 weeks and re-bottle?

Should work, it was exposed to a little bit more oxygen then it needed, but it should still be OK.

I wouldnt bother using a fining agent, what has fallen out is gone now unless you have disturbed it again and in that case just give it a week or a little more and it will fall out again. Dont be in such a rush and this wont happen. This is why we bulk age our wine as eve when using a fining agent there will be very fine les to fall out afterwards.

Thanks for the help, I will add this one to the lessons learned column.

It happens to all of us. Just add a bit of sulfite and let it sit for a few weeks. Best to keep it between 68 and 75 degrees. It'll settle soon.

Latest posts

Back