Will a hair dryer work??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets assume we are talking about 750ml bottles.... at the 200 gallon limit you could MAKE 1009 bottles of wine.

Due to the depletion of water especially heading down toward ibglowin I chose to go this route. Works for over 1001 bottles a year. :pee

Thats one Freaking awesome label shrinker!!!!!
Im into my Almond Flavored Sparkling Apple wine boy it's GOOD!!

I use an old cast iron tea kettle (had it layiing around for years) on a portable electric heating element. The steam out of the small spout works really well and fast.

I use a dual speed heat gun bought from Harbor Freight for $7. on sale and it is awesome! Just make sure you don't have your finger holding the cap down use a spoon handle or somthing.. Ouchhhhhhhh! :slp

I use a dual speed heat gun bought from Harbor Freight for $7. on sale and it is awesome! Just make sure you don't have your finger holding the cap down use a spoon handle or somthing.. Ouchhhhhhhh! :slp
Wow, what a great deal and I didn't even get a spoon with mine.

We have a food steamer in the kitchen and that's what I use. The steam hole is large enough so I tip the bottle and hold the cap against one edge of the hole. Shrinks that PVC cap in seconds and without wrinkles.

Due to the depletion of water especially heading down toward ibglowin I chose to go this route. Works for over 1001 bottles a year. :pee

One thing I found with this encapsulator is don't try to quickly remove the bottle to put a different color on. I did that the other day and the capsule fell off inside the heat coil. I stood there dumbfounded and watched as it shriveled up, smoked and caught fire. I blew the fire out and watched the smoke billow out. I turned it off as quick as I could, grabbed a long handled steel spoon and fished it out. The aromatics of burnt plastic lingered for hours...........:slp

Latest posts

Back