Wife asked if I could make this wine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lew

Reaction score
The wife and I took a trip to the city the other night, She wanted to eat at what I call a rabbit food restaurant, I said NO!!! (I'm a meat and potatoes man) As I'm looking over their menu trying to find some meat, she had a wine called Principato Rosato and she loved it! She asked me "Can You Make This?" Now my question to ya all is can I make this wine or something similar to it? I could really use the points on this folks, if you know what I mean!!

Thanks
Lew

Did you get this at Olive Garden?

I've seen it described as follows: Semi-sweet, light-bodied, with a fresh fruit taste. Made from a blend of Merlot, Enatio, and Schiava grapes..

If you find that to be too much, you could always [ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=Principato%20Rosato#q=Principato+Rosato&hl=en&safe=off&client=gmail&rls=gm&prmd=imvnsfd&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=TR56TuKPMsyCtgfsr-n_Dw&ved=0CD8QrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f5447f26726346b7&biw=1680&bih=934]purchase more[/ame].

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I can't find anything on Enatio grapes -- there has to be some kind of typo there, but I cannot find what the original word should be. I initially thought it would be "Veneto", describing the area in Italy in which it was made, but this cannot be correct as the Olive Garden website shows this to be made in the Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol region. Schiava grapes are also known as Trollinger, and I'm sure you have already heard of Merlot.

It should be noted that "Principato" is simply the name of Olive Garden's signature wines, created specifically for their restaurants. The Rosato wine is a blush, and they also have a white (Bianco) and red (Rosso) variety.

Last edited:
Might be it is nothing more than a blush wine like White Zinfandel. Most rose' or blush wines can be made from some intersting grapes and ways. In New York state, take a look at the local vineyards for something like Cabernet Franc or even Merlot if you have it. Ferment it on the skins ONLY 1 day and light press. If it's too rich in color add some Gewurztraminer juice (or wine) in the fermentation blending, or even a small bit of white Muscat. Should make a nice blush that way.

Latest posts

Back