Other White??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saylor

Reaction score
Well I'm looking to make a white wine here in the near future. I'm looking for something at least 11-12 percent and not too dry . Any suggestions on a white wine that meets these standards? Not necessarily a kit suggestion but more a kind of white wine. I know nothing about white wine other than I want to make some.

My suggestion: If you have a local winery that does tastings go there and try their whites before deciding. There are so many different varieties out there you really should get an idea as to what you like and want to make.

FYI 2. If you ask.....you may be able to obtain juice or grapes from them in the fall come harvest time or maybe find a source they know of. :e

I am not much of a white wine drinker, but I have made quite a few totally different styles of white wines. Dry buttery Chardonnay, crisp Pinot Grigio, floral and dry/sweet Riesling and Gewurztraminers, and off-dry German white blends, plus fruit-flavored versions of some of those listed (like Green Apple Riesling, etc.). So there are lots of different possibilities - you will really need to narrow it down somewhat before any one can give you much direction on what kit/grape varietal you look out for

Go for a Reisling. It is a nice crisp wine with some nice fruity aromas. You can make it dry to sweet, whatever your preference is.

And you are about an hour from Pittsburgh, you should look into getting a juice bucket from Consumers. Here is their website:

http://www.consumersproduce.com/pages/about_wine.htm

Great whites

THE TRULY BEST OF THE BUNCH IS A GRAND VIOGNIER THE MOST VERSATILE OF ALL THE WHITES AND THE EASIEST TO MAKE VERY FORGIVING AND BLENDABLE- IMOP:u

Oh heck just go with a gruner veltliner. Actually I like Barts suggestions of Dry buttery Chardonnay, crisp Pinot Grigio, floral and dry/sweet Riesling and Gewurztraminers

Great whites

VIOGNIER, is the true master of disguise,it can be anything you want it to be ,if you know how to maneuver it.:u

Well that's sounds great! I'm sure I wouldn't mind any if them but I will have to do a sampling I think that will prob be my best bet since everyone's taste buds are different. And for the juice bucket, I will def be looking into one of those. Thanks for the suggestions!

John

Checkout a kit from RJ called Argentian Trio. It's a blend of three white grapes. The color and finish is wonderful. Pic attached.

image-354751898.jpg

I made the Argentien Trio last spring - it was great. All gone in under 4 months.

Latest posts

Back