WineXpert White Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for recommendations for a dry white wine. Along the lines of a chardonay.

Thanks
Grant

How about a Chardonnay?
smiley17.gif

Have you ever tried any of the German wines like Gewurtztraminer
or Reisling or Liebfraumilch. They are really nice. There are just so
many to choose from. Or you can even do one of the blends like
Chardonnay/Semillon. I have heard alot of good reviews from these 2
that I will list below but havent gotten to them yet myself but there
on my list - Viognier, Piesporter Style.

All of these are 15 liter kits.

Edited by: wade

we bottled a Liebfraumilch a few weeks ago and gonna try it again in a couple weeks. We tried it last week and it was pretty good then but I think with a couple more months it will be awsome.(I know what your thinking but it was there and we had to open one bottle!)Give it a try
smiley20.gif

I really like the WE Selection Piesporter. A little "spice" from the elderberries. Seems to be a fairly traditional German style wine.

lmeeko - I wasonly half joking when I suggested trying a Chardonnay in my earlier postbut I wonder why everyoneseems to besuggesting everything but when you clearly stated your preference for it. I've tired Chardonnay kits from other manufacturers that I liked really well, particularly an Australian Chard from RJ Spagnols Vino del Vida (9L kit), but my favorite was the 15L WE Luna Bianca. The following description from the WE website describes it to a T:

"Winexpert's biggest, boldest white wine ever. In the spirit of the great full-bodied Chardonnays of California and Australia, Luna Bianca is lush, golden and rich. Dense, luscious, buttery aromas dance up from the glass. Flavours of tropical fruits blend with the vanilla-oak backing - a technique usually achieved through barrel fermentation with extended lees (yeast sediment) contact. The high alcohol finished wine is smooth and mouth filling. Includes an F-pack with pure Chardonnay juice - another industry first."

I assumed that since Imeeko said along the linesof a Chard that they already had a chard or wanted something besides.

A Pinot Grigio would be a little drier than the Chard. If you really want dry, the German wines are not going to cut it (imho).

Maybe this could be a question for George to take up. Some retailers label the dryness of wines on a numeric scale. Is this something that the kit manufacturers would do with their products? I could significantly increase customer satisfaction with little effort or cost on their part.

Thanks for all the adice guys, I like the idea for having sweetness number on the kit. I think I might try a Pinot Grigio.

Grant

The product detail for the kits in George’s on-line catalog provides a numeric sweetness rating.

This is a big favorite here. I don't think that anyone to whom we have served it didn't love it. We find it has a full mouth flavor to it.

Back