Other White Wine Difficulties

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think those Alexander wine kit cans have can make a decent kit. They are ok to spruce up another wine but by them selves fall flat on their face. my brother-in-law made 2 of these and they are both terrible. i bought him a MM all juice Pinot for Christmas to make so he doesnt do anything rash and stop trying to make wine.

I hear ya wade. I thought about trying to blend this with store bought wine to see if I might end up with something half way drinkable. I just hate to pour it out.

Wade I hear you refer to the Alexander's as kits. Were the ones he made in a kit? I have only seen the cans of concentrate and have made a few of them in the past. Any of the ones I made with single can per 3 gallons were OK, but not that good. The Premium Chablis was just plain bad. It stunk, tasted off and was thin. I had started making it with two cans per 3 gallonsholding out acouple cups and sweetening with it at the end. They turn out very well that way. The Zin Blush tastes as good as the IM Exotic Fruits White Zin.

To make them you need to provide your own ingredients. I would mimick the amounts of the same ingredients that WE would add to a like kit. In the higher amounts, they turned out very good, but drove the cost up so much per batch that it was just as cheap to buy the kit already assembled, so I haven't made another one like that in a couple years now.

Back