white wine after 1 and 1/2 weeks is saur and water taste like

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbro

Junior
Reaction score
hi,

I am new to wine making...I followed instruction for simple white wine and my white wine after 1 and 1/2 weeks is sour and taste more water like.....is it still too early to tell....do i need to adjust at this point?

attached is picture taken yesterday

thanks

Attachments

• 20200414_115355.jpg
    20200414_115355.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 45
What are we dealing with here? was it a kit?

if not a kit, what went into the wine? what grapes or fruit? what yeast did you use?

Please provide as much info as you can. THanks.

hi,

I am new to wine making...I followed instruction for simple white wine and my white wine after 1 and 1/2 weeks is sour and taste more water like.....is it still too early to tell....do i need to adjust at this point?

attached is picture taken yesterday

thanks
Wine taste awful right after fermentation, you’ll need to rack that wine off the lees(the junk sitting on the bottom), let it sit a few weeks to let clear, rack again to another carboy, add potassium sorbate or sulphite to kill the yeast and then back sweeten with a sugar syrup.

I agree with JohnT. Picture looks pretty gnarly. while you may have some nasties growing in there it's hard to tell without more detailed info on what you started with, and what you've done along the way.

um aint that a awful lot of headspace to boot ?
not to mention more information needed, kit ?, from scratch ? SSG ?,
Dawg

And is it sitting outside, on the backporch somewhere, in a 5 gallon water jug? Who knows what's doing in there.

Latest posts

Back