Other White Merlot Kits Anywhere?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryF

Reaction score
Recently my son in Wisconsin came up to Canada for a visit and brought with him a few bottles of a white merlot that didn't even make it to day 3! This was from a kit apparently but no other information. Does anybody know of white merlot kits and which vendor puts them out? I'd like to try my hand at this one and keep it on the dry side.

Jerry :dg

There is the Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot kit.

Re-reading your post, I noticed "keep it on the dry side". Are you saying that this was a sweet wine? Such as the Island Mist Strawberry White Merlot?

Steve

Last edited:
There is the Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot kit.

Re-reading your post, I noticed "keep it on the dry side". Are you saying that this was a sweet wine? Such as the Island Mist Strawberry White Merlot?

Steve

KRC ? Ah, that sounds good. Will check out local availability.

The white merlot I drank was in the middle; not sweet and not dry at the same time. I only meant that I preferred the dry wines and sometimes the more dry the better.

KRC ? Ah, that sounds good. Will check out local availability.

The white merlot I drank was in the middle; not sweet and not dry at the same time. I only meant that I preferred the dry wines and sometimes the more dry the better.
Hmmm the KRC White Merlot is a dry wine (web site says sugar code 0).

A quick Google ("white merlot wine kit") found a Winexpert Selection California White Merlot (off-dry on the web-site). This sounds more like what you sampled.

Steve

how about this one :White Merlot Washington Reserve
"
Cellar Craft Premium Sugar Code: 2 Alcohol Vol:

All the charm of a fine Merlot, but with the freshness and softness that comes when the juice is quickly separated from the skins. Inviting salmon colour. Incredible fruit. Finished with an exclusive Flavour Reserve. A blush wine you must try. "
Cheers ,

Latest posts

Back