Which kit to start first

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineflyer

Junior
Reaction score
Well, I decided to take advantage of the Easter sale and bought a couple of kits - an MM All Juice Masters Shiraz, an RJS En Primeur Pinot Noir, and a CC Showcase Pinot Gris. I have a WE Lodi Ranch CabSauv clearing in the secondary right now. Trying to decide which new kit to start first. I was thinking one of the reds because I am probably a little late to start the white for this summer.

Any tips/tricks/tweaks for any or all kits would be appreciated.

Also, I was thinking about starting the white in a carboy since there is no oak. It's an Italian carboy so it's about 6.5 gallons.

My thanks in advance.

All of those kits are going to take at least 18 months before they even start to get really good, so you can start any of them. Just make sure you execute patience. A good wine is never rushed.

Good lord.ice job on picking some kits!!!!!! I agree with Dean that any of them that you make are going to need some serious time but all will be awesome wines. Just go with whatever you dont have anything like in your cellar or whatever you think youll want to drink first. Id make them all at once, imagine the smells coming out of that room!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I wish I could start them all at once. I only have one primary though, and one brew belt. I know, I know, I should get more but just got those kits and a vacuum pump so wine budget is a little low right now. If the house stays around 68 F could o het away with doing the Pinot Gris without the brew belt and do it in a 6.5 gal carboy? The. I could start one of the reds in the primary and have two going at the same time. Thanks.

I would but only because I ferment my whites under cooler temps to keep more of the fruity esters. I will say to get it started nice and warm and finish it nice and warm if you want it to go dry! Doing it this way will let the red ferment fast and get it into carboy first but do you have another carboy for the Pinot to go in a little later?

Sounds like you need another carboy.. 40 bucks or a little less
But you can keep using it again and again

Latest posts

Back