WineXpert Which Cabernet Sauvignon to make????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Hi, been a while since I have been around. Things are finally back to normal here after the hurricanes. Time to get back to wine making. I was finally able to bottle a batch of White Zin I started back the first of August as well as a small batch ofOrange Mead which turned out great. Now I have that bug again to get something else started.

I really want to make a Cabernet Sauvignon. This is my favorite but am bewildered by all the varieties I see one can purchase. Was wondering if anyone could break down the differences in all of them and steer me toward a recommendation.

I see Australian, Chilean, Woodbridge, The Regular WE Select, then there is the Vintners Reserve which I am not really interested in unless someone steers me there.

Feel free to spread your knowledge, past experiances and advise to lead me toward my next kit.

Thanks

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

For January, reserve the Winexpert Chilean Maipo Valley Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon.

For February, reserve the RJ Spagnols Spanish Monastrell Cabernet.

For now, try the Winexpert Selection International Australian Cabernet Sauvignon.

smiley20.gif

I like the Woodbridge Cabernet. Haven't tried the others. The Janlimited editionwill probably be a good one as Hippie mentioned. I'd say think about what commercial cabs you normally enjoy and go in that directions--if you like aussie cabs, try the australian etc

Jackie said:
I like the Woodbridge Cabernet. Haven't tried the others. The Janlimited editionwill probably be a good one as Hippie mentioned. I'd say think about what commercial cabs you normally enjoy and go in that directions--if you like aussie cabs, try the australian etc

I was thinking about the Woodbridge. Was wondering if any here had made it. Was really wondering what the difference between it and the WE Select Cab was?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I can get any RJ Spagnols kit you would like. I don't have the room to store them, but I will be happy to special order any one you like. Drop me a line on which kit(s) you would like and I will email you back with a price.

Latest posts

Back