Where the heck can I buy grapes?!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpappa6

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can go to get good grapes? I'm in Iowa and around here it seems all I can get easily are the Minn grape varietals. I'm just getting started and would like to work with something a bit more familiar and maybe "easier". I'm not sure about the quality of the wines the Minn grapes are putting out being that I'm a big fan of big Cabs and dry whites. Anyone got any idea where I get grapes to make good wine?

Not sure about anything local to you, but M&M will ship to you, and you can get grapes or juice or frozen must.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

you should actually look into some of the NE Iowa wineries. They make some really good stuff out of these Northern grapes. I really enjoyed the wine trail along the Mississippi river from Marquette to Dubuque. They all had their own vineyards that they where getting grapes out of for there wines. I have gotten grape vines from double A vineyards

Where about in Iowa are you from ?

We have several of our club members grow grapes near the quad city

try your local supply store they be buying grapes for their customers. expect to pay premium. another check with some wineries may be offering CA wines.maybe get in on the buy.

Latest posts

Back