Where in the World is Articsid?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily its not suppose to hang around but the lows at night all next week are only like -15 to -20. Thats pretty cold, but really not cold enough to snivel about....yet. This is January/February. So far this winter we only had -30 on 3 isolated days. So we alll know we are about to get spanked here anytime meaning it'll drop below -20 and stay like that for a couple weeks.

That would have been cool, didn't even think about that! Sheet, I could have waited till exactly midnight and I might have one a prize!!!

Missed you all to much. They got this running again had to check back in. Going for the wirelesss high speed in a couple weeks and then relying on the phone company for internet will be a thing of the past.

Hey buddy... tried to call you a couple of times... glad you are ok. I may call you tomorrow... or not... not so worried now. Take care and

Happy New Year!

:f2

Thanks Bill. If youre number doesn't show up on caller ID or you don't identify yourself when the machine comes on, it's likely I won't answer anyway. Got several friends who get as lonely as me this time of year and they want to call me and talk and talk about the same damn thing they called me for the day previous. Going to see the fireworks in a little while but will be around, should be all day tommorrow. Gonna be good and cold best to stay in the house and be glad I have shelter heat, and drink to welcome in the New Years.

Speaking of Fworks, we do them on New Years Eve, because on July 4th it doesn't get dark, so we blow up the sky on NY eve, they do a pretty damn good job too, they really go all out. I forget how much it costs, its an unbelieavbale amount, but almost all businesses chip in and this is the 20th year and it's quite the display. Good for us.

Wanted to talk to ya bout a couple things anyway.

Troy

Troy,
Glad to see you are OK.
C you are noticed by your absence rather by your presence.

Tom meant to edit his post and replace rather with, "as well as". Fine.

What does OK stand for? Any linguists in here? So I was curious, check this out. More trivia we may need if we ever show up on Jeopardy. I took the Jeopardy test twice, the first time I failed miserably and was asked to leave the testing room, the second time I only got 15% right and you need %60 to go on to the next...anyway. Heres something worthless I thought was pretty interesting.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/503/what-does-ok-stand-for

Troy

Boy Troy, you really have to much time on your hands OK?
LOL
Glad to have your humor back

Thanks Tom, you all in here are my pals. Sometimes its good to step aside and realize, besides making wine, beer, and that sheet Hillbillies brewing behind the sheeter, we are all in this together.

Alliies on vacation(holiday), for a while so we need to make sure we pull her slack.

I am not exactly sure what that means in the New Year, so I started a new thread.

(We miss Alie too)

Morning Troy,

It is good to see you are back. How was the fireworks last night?

Julie

Hey Julie:h

If I was a child the fireworks were pretty damn god. As an adult, they were okay.

Best thing is we can't worry about last year, we'll work for tommorrow.

Thanks for missing me last week I missed you too! The internet here (dial up) is a discussion in itself. DON'T EVEN GET ME GOING! FCKRS!

:hug

Troy

Hey Julie:h

If I was a child the fireworks were pretty damn god. As an adult, they were okay.

Best thing is we can't worry about last year, we'll work for tommorrow.

Thanks for missing me last week I missed you too! The internet here (dial up) is a discussion in itself. DON'T EVEN GET ME GOING! FCKRS!

:hug

Troy

You know my husband tells me that there are some things in life that you have to look through with a child's eye to fully enjoy. I think fireworks is one of them.

I remember dial up, I know what you are saying.

Julie

I had dial up again last year due to funds for a bit and must say its brutal but was better then nothing. Then I called Comcast and found out they had a slower form of high speed internet which is 1mbs instead of their 10mbs. It works very well and actually costs the same as dial up and if you have a 2nd phone line for internet for dial up so that you dont tie up that line then the Comcast is actually cheaper. I know right now ATT is $19.99 for their highspeed and wifi router which is what I pay for my slower internet(I think the ATT works way better for me) but if I pull out my internet with Comcast I lose on the price of my TV and Phone cause they are cheaper right now due to bundling bu the internet price is what it is. The AT&T is better IMO and the router it comes with works better then my Linksys router, for some reason my Linksys fades in and out even though Im not too far from it.

Hey Dan,

Are you OK? :)

Julie
Hey Julie!
I'm OK after last night
Are you all OK after partying last night?
If you all are not OK then I hope you all will be OK by the end of the day OK?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for asking if I am OK, yes I am OK but I didn't do much drinking last night. I was in bed before midnight :sl. I sure hope that was ok.

Julie

Thats OK. After yesterday I'm OK after having both beer and wine. I hope it's OK to say this as Troy I hope is OK for us to say OK here.
Is everyone OK today?

I am better then ok. I just got done racking my Gewürztraminer and started a WE Viognier, OK? Now I can sit back and watch the Penn State Game with my daughter who is home over the holidays from there, OK? I hope they kick LSU's *** if thats ok!:h

Every time I see this thread... I get this song stuck in my head lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjAfVLk80g[/ame]

Back