Mosti Mondiale Where does juice come from

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
We seem to always be wondering and speculating where the juice we get in kits REALLY comes from. Today I was unpacking my latest box of goodies from George and for the first time I noticed and read the label stuck on the plastic outer wrapper. The kit is the MM Megololi Roso Intensio with grape pack. Label reads:
Potassium metabisulfite USA
Potassium sorbate China
Sligel France
Liquigel France
Yeast Canada
Yeast nutrient USA
Bentonite Italy
Oak France
Raisins USA
Country or origin juice is Italy, packaged in Canada
The add on All grape pack says grown in California

I have never noticed this label on other kits before, MM or others. I may have just cut through them and in my excitement ignored them but I don't think so.

Oh and for you smarty pants, yes I know juice comes from grapes!

As a very high end kit Im pretty sure that only this and the Masters along with some Restricted Quantity kits from RJS and a few others. I believe RJS also lets you know some of their others that used to be Restricted quantity and are now offered all the time. I do like the feeling of knowing where everything came from and what a spread that is huh!!! No wonder about the price tag!

Mosti is the best about posting country of origin on all components. Cellar Craft is the worst IMHO. Perhaps because most of their juice comes from WA state.

I believe I recall George telling me Mosti was having some difficulty a couple years ago with shipping their kits from Canada to the US, because they didn't indicate the source of the materials. I presume the "juice" labeling caught some gov't agent's eyes and decided that had to meet food-standard labeling requirements. While I too like the additional labeling, I don't think MM did it for our benefit - gov't regulations required them to label the "country of origin" on the outside of the box to ship into the US.

I'm just glad it doesn't say "Made in China" !
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back