when to deliver the vines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCELADUS

Junior
Reaction score
I plan to plant my first vines next spring and was wondering when do I actually need have them delivered? I read somewhere that you neeed to soak the vines for a month before planting, etc. So do I just have them delivered a month before planting then? Or is there some better timeframe that I need to follow?

Most all of the nurseries I order from will ship you your vines at an appropriate date for your growing zone. Unless you specify to them a different date. On soaking the vines ahead of time I usually only go 24 hours soaking in water before planting. Alot of times even less due to good packing done by the nursery. You can call and talk to the folks you want to buy from too. As long as it isn't their busy season most places like to hear from their end users. That and knowing you have been given the best information as possible will usually bring you good success in growing their vines(and them more business).

I think you would have root rot if you soaked for a whole month! Mine arrived in good shape from Double A and I just potted them in potting soil immediately that I kept good and moist for a few weeks then transplanted once they were growing well.

Latest posts

Back