RJ Spagnols What's your Favorite Strawberry Kit Wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoyofWine

Reaction score
I want to start on a Strawberry wine and wanted other's opinion on their favorite kit. Or if they've tried any of them before. :)

Orchard Breezin' has two, Strawberry Riesling, and Strawberry White Zin. Which I am thinking is now, Strawberry Sensation (white), and Splendid Strawberry Blush.

Then Island Mist has a Strawberry White Merlot, but I'm not to sure about that one...I thought Merlot was red, not white?

they have a white Merlot. I know several wineries that make it

Neither of those choices are "strawberry" wine, rather they are the wine of the base grape (ex. Strawberry Riesling is Riesling wine) with a strawberry flavor pack that is added after fermentation.

Real strawberry wine will require strawberrys, sugar, water and yeast. Oh, and time.

And aside from some concentrates (http://www.midwestsupplies.com/strawberry-vintner-s-harvest-fruit-bases.html), I know of no "strawberry" wine kit.

CAD~ Sorry if I worded it incorrectly. I guess I meant "Strawberry FLAVORED" wine kit. I've made about 5 or 6 of the Orchard Breezin, and only 2 of the IM. I seem to prefer the OB, so I just wanted those who may have made or tasted one of these kits to give me their opinions of which they liked better. :)

She wanted a kit! She is in the Kit thread.
Just go with the kit of your choice Joy. Go to Midwest supplies. they review plenty of their kits there ;) But then again that why I chose the Wild Berry Zin. ;) Yessss, I know its not true Zin!

Lol thanks Tess, I thought since I listed the 3 people would get what I meant. I'm not ready to try a from scratch fruit wine on my own yet. The Wild Berry Zin sounds yummy too! Let me know how it turns out!

Thanks Sammy!

She wanted a kit! She is in the Kit thread.
Just go with the kit of your choice Joy. Go to Midwest supplies. they review plenty of their kits there ;) But then again that why I chose the Wild Berry Zin. ;) Yessss, I know its not true Zin!

But it IS a true Zin, it just has the flavoring added to it. Oh, and the Wild Berry Zin is a great wine in its own way.

Latest posts

Back