Other FWK Frutta Blackberry and Strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ABV did the FWK Blackberry yield? Did ya need to chaptalize it?

Cheers!
My starting SG was 1.090 and ended at .998 so it was at 12% abv. I added 2 ½ conditioner / sweetener so its on the sweeter side for us however and now over a year old its even more awesome. I went from Island Mist blackberry to FWK blackberry ..... reminds me of the Wizard of Oz when it goes from black / white to color. Big difference and I'll make the FWK blackberry again in 2024.

My starting SG was 1.090 and ended at .998 so it was at 12% abv. I added 2 ½ conditioner / sweetener so its on the sweeter side for us however and now over a year old its even more awesome. I went from Island Mist blackberry to FWK blackberry ..... reminds me of the Wizard of Oz when it goes from black / white to color. Big difference and I'll make the FWK blackberry again in 2024.
"2 1/2" is... Ounces, containers etc?

Did u get an SG reading after adding it?

Cheers!

"2 1/2" is... Ounces, containers etc?

Did u get an SG reading after adding it?

Cheers!

2 ½ would be the whole conditioner / sweetener packages. It comes with two packages but I added half of another package and would make it the exact same way next year. We lean towards sweeter fruit wines although I'm trying to transition to dry reds. After adding one whole conditioner it was obvious to me it needed the second one. For good measure, I added half of a third conditioner I already had on the shelf. It is a full bodied blackberry and now at 14 months its pretty great.

I did not take a SG reading after adding the 2 ½ packages of conditioner / sweetener. Probably should start doing that!

My FW Blackberry ABV came in at 11.82% without chaptalizing. If you are a fan of Country wines, this one is a real winner.
Bravo! My 1st FW Blackberry is on the way! Looking forward to it ;-) (...my previous Island Mist Blackberry Blast was a huge hit...so looking forward to jacking it up a Notch or 2!!)

Cheers!

Bravo! My 1st FW Blackberry is on the way! Looking forward to it ;-) (...my previous Island Mist Blackberry Blast was a huge hit...so looking forward to jacking it up a Notch or 2!!)

Cheers!

I have recently made both the Island Mist & FWK blackberry, and have several bottles of each. They could not be more different in my opinion and I love them both! Good luck with the FWK blackberry. You'll do just fine.

Cheers!
Finally started my 1st FWK Blackberry this morning using Avante - OG=1.092. Juice has been in fridge since late Dec...awaiting its turn. Sure smells awesome from the git go :)

Cheers!

Finally started my 1st FWK Blackberry this morning using Avante - OG=1.092. Juice has been in fridge since late Dec...awaiting its turn. Sure smells awesome from the git go :)

Cheers!

I made this as well, pretty much following the directions, except for extra aging time. My friends and family that like sweet wine find this to be most excellent!!! Have fun with it.

My Blackberry is 2 yo and is developing nicely. I didn't like it for the first 1.5 years -- nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't my taste. However, in the last 6 months it has mellowed and I'm liking it.

Try bulk aging at least 6 months and give it time in the bottle to develop.

I made this as well, pretty much following the directions, except for extra aging time. My friends and family that like sweet wine find this to be most excellent!!! Have fun with it.
The vino smells amazing - and is almost ready to rack for bulk aging.

Did ya use the K&C or just let bulk aging clear it?

Did ya add all of both back sweetening paks?

Cheers!

The vino smells amazing - and is almost ready to rack for bulk aging.
Did ya use the K&C or just let bulk aging clear it?
Cheers!

All K&C - yes, both sweeting paks - yes. I very seldom drink sweet wines, so I decided might as well do what the directions say.

Like Craig, I'm not much into sweet wines, and I used both packs for the Blackberry and the Strawberry. Anyone who prefers sweet wine might need to add more sugar. I did not test the TA but it appears to be high, and needed the sugar to balance it.

Like Craig, I'm not much into sweet wines, and I used both packs for the Blackberry and the Strawberry. Anyone who prefers sweet wine might need to add more sugar. I did not test the TA but it appears to be high, and needed the sugar to balance it.
Ya use the K&C ?

Latest posts

Back