What's your favorite marinate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
Ingredients
4 boneless or bone-in pork chops
1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
6 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper

My fave is close to yours.

-soy sauce
-oil (preferably toasted sesame)
-garlic
-ginger
-molasses

For the ginger, the best way is to keep fresh ginger in the freezer, and then grate it into the marinade.

I tend to throw whatever is in arm's reach into my marinades.. However, currently I am a big fan of my "dornish" style meals.. Where I soak the meat in soracha (sp) and some jam plus skillet fry it with some hot peppers and onions. Served over rice it is pretty awesome.

I tend to throw whatever is in arm's reach into my marinades.. However, currently I am a big fan of my "dornish" style meals.. Where I soak the meat in soracha (sp) and some jam plus skillet fry it with some hot peppers and onions. Served over rice it is pretty awesome.

Sriracha? :)

All these sound pretty good tho

Kroger had their store brand marinades on sale at the beginning of Summer for $0.99 each. I snagged almost every one as you can't make your own for that price. You can always tweak a little with extra this or that but they make a great base marinade.

The have:

Lemon Pepper
Garlic & Herb
Sesame Ginger
Hawaiian
Chipotle & Lime

I will buy a family pack of the boneless chicken breast and then place 2 breast into a quart freezer bag and about 1/3 bottle of something and then seal the bag and toss into the freezer. Makes a great fast and easy weekday dinner to grill and serve with a side of your choice.

For steak:
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 T greek seasoning

For chicken:
Balsamic vinegarette dressing

For shrimp:
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 c Sriracha
1/4 c honey
1 T garlic
minced ginger